The handshake : why do governments and firms sign private sector participation deals ? Evidence from the water and sanitation sector in developing countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Menard, Claude & Clarke, George, 2000. "Reforming water supply in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire : mild reform in a turbulent environment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2377, The World Bank.
- A. Estache & M.E. Pinglo, 2005.
"Are returns to private infrastructure in developing countries consistent with risks since the Asian crisis?,"
Competition and Regulation in Network Industries,
Intersentia, vol. 6(1), pages 47-75, September.
- Estache, Antonio & Pinglo, Maria Elena, 2004. "Are returns to private infrastructure in developing countries consistent with risks since the Asian crisis?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3373, The World Bank.
- Antonio Estache & M.E. Pinglo, 2005. "Are Returns to Private Infrastructure in Developing Countries Consistent with Risks since the Asian Crisis," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44150, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Witold J. Henisz, 2002. "The institutional environment for infrastructure investment," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 355-389.
- Antonio Estache, 2006. "PPI Partnerships vs. PPI Divorces in LDCs," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 29(1), pages 3-26, September.
- J. Luis Guasch, 2004. "Granting and Renegotiating Infrastructure Concessions : Doing it Right," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15024.
- Roberto Rigobon & Dani Rodrik, 2004.
"Rule of Law, Democracy, Openness, and Income: Estimating the Interrelationships,"
NBER Working Papers
10750, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rigobon, Roberto & Rodrik, Dani, 2004. "Rule of Law, Democracy, Openness and Income: Estimating the Interrelationships," CEPR Discussion Papers 4653, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Witold J. Henisz & Bennet A. Zelner, 2001. "The Institutional Environment for Telecommunications Investment," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 123-147, March.
- Menard, Claude & Clarke, George, 2000. "A transitory regime : water supply in Conakry, Guinea," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2362, The World Bank.
- Alcazar, Lorena & Abdala, Manuel A. & Shirley, Mary M., 2000. "The Buenos Aires water concession," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2311, The World Bank.
- R. Maria Saleth & Ariel Dinar, 2004. "The Institutional Economics of Water : A Cross-Country Analysis of Institutions and Performance," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14884.
- Henisz, Witold J. & Zelner, Bennet A., 2005. "Resistance to multilateral influence on reform : the political backlash against private infrastructure investments," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3690, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsPrivate Participation in Infrastructure; Town Water Supply and Sanitation; Investment and Investment Climate; Infrastructure Regulation; Water Supply and Sanitation Governance and Institutions;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-06-10 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3937. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .