PPI Partnerships vs. PPI Divorces in LDCs
In the last 15 years, a variety of public private-partnerships in infrastructure have been adopted throughout the developing and transition world. Because many of these experiences are also turning sour, it seems important to separate facts from emotions. The paper argues that the wide differences in interpretations of the facts can be explained by differences in the assessment criteria used to assess the incremental effect of reforms. It is also driven by the sectors, the regions and the actors on which the analysis tends to focus. Copyright Springer 2006
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 29 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/industrial+organization/journal/11151/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Benitez, Daniel A. & Chisari, Omar O. & Estache, Antonio, 2001.
"Can the Gains from Argentina's Utilities Reform Offset Credit Shocks?,"
Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Daniel Benitez & Omar Chisari & Antonio Estache, 2003. "Can the gains from Argentina's utilities reform offset credit shocks?," Chapters, in: Utility Privatization and Regulation, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Antonio Estache & D. Benitez & Omar Chisari, 2003. "Can the gains from Argentina's utilities reform offset credit shocks?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44069, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Estache, Antonio & Rossi, Martin A., 2005.
"Do regulation and ownership drive the efficiency of electricity distribution? Evidence from Latin America,"
Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 253-257, February.
- Antonio Estache & Martin Rossi, 2004. "Do Regulation and Ownership Drive the Efficiency of Electricity Distribution? Evidence from Latin America," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/43972, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Antonio Estache & Martin Rossi, 2002.
"How different is the efficiency of Public and Private Water Companies in Asia,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/43984, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Antonio Estache & MartÌn A. Rossi, 2002. "How Different Is the Efficiency of Public and Private Water Companies in Asia?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 16(1), pages 139-148, June.
- Tim Coelli & Antonio Estache & Sergio Perelman & Lourdes Trujillo, 2003.
"A Primer on Efficiency Measurement for Utilities and Transport Regulators,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 15149.
- Antonio Estache & Tim Coelli & Sergio Perelman & Lourdes Trujillo, 2003. "A Primer on Efficiency Measurement for Utilities and Transport Regulators," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44106, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Estache, Antonio & Pinglo, Maria Elena, 2004.
"Are returns to private infrastructure in developing countries consistent with risks since the Asian crisis?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3373, The World Bank.
- A. Estache & M.E. Pinglo, 2005. "Are returns to private infrastructure in developing countries consistent with risks since the Asian crisis?," Competition and Regulation in Network Industries, Intersentia, vol. 6(1), pages 47-75, September.
- Antonio Estache & M.E. Pinglo, 2005. "Are Returns to Private Infrastructure in Developing Countries Consistent with Risks since the Asian Crisis," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44150, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Antonio Estache & Juan Manuel Campos & Nadine Martin & Lourdes Trujillo, 2003. "Macroeconomic Effects of Private Sector Participation in Infrastructure," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44067, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:29:y:2006:i:1:p:3-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.