Business environment, clustering, and industry location : evidence from Indian cities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Somik Vinay Lall & Sanjoy Chakravorty, 2005. "Industrial Location and Spatial Inequality: Theory and Evidence from India," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 47-68, February.
- Mary Amiti & Lisa Cameron, 2007. "Economic Geography and Wages," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(1), pages 15-29, February.
- Juan C. Botero & Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2004.
"The Regulation of Labor,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(4), pages 1339-1382.
- Juan Botero & Simeon Djankov & Rafael LaPorta & Florencio López-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, "undated". "The Regulation of Labor," Working Paper 19483, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Botero, J. C. & Djankov, S. & Porta, R. L. & Lopez-de-Silanes, F. & Shleifer, Andrei, 2004. "The Regulation of Labor," Scholarly Articles 27867241, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Juan Botero, 2003. "The Regulation of Labor," NBER Working Papers 9756, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amiti, Mary & Smarzynska Javorcik, Beata, 2008.
"Trade costs and location of foreign firms in China,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(1-2), pages 129-149, February.
- Amiti, Mary & Javorcik, Beata Smarzynska, 2005. "Trade costs and location of foreign firms in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3564, The World Bank.
- Amiti, Mary & Javorcik, Beata, 2005. "Trade Costs and Location of Foreign Firms in China," CEPR Discussion Papers 4978, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- International Monetary Fund, 2005. "Trade Costs and Location of Foreign Firms in China," IMF Working Papers 05/55, International Monetary Fund.
- Henderson, Vernon & Kuncoro, Ari & Turner, Matt, 1995. "Industrial Development in Cities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 1067-1090, October.
- Alm, James & Annez, Patricia & Modi, Arbind, 2004. "Stamp duties in Indian states - a case for reform," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3413, The World Bank.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Lakshmi Iyer, 2005.
"History, Institutions, and Economic Performance: The Legacy of Colonial Land Tenure Systems in India,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(4), pages 1190-1213, September.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Lakshmi Iyer, 2010. "History Institutions and Economic Performance: The Legacy of Colonial Land Tenure Systems in India," Working Papers id:2811, eSocialSciences.
- Ellison, Glenn & Glaeser, Edward L, 1997.
"Geographic Concentration in U.S. Manufacturing Industries: A Dartboard Approach,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(5), pages 889-927, October.
- Ellison, G. & Glaeser, E.L., 1994. "Geographic Concentration in U.S. Manufacturing Industries: A Dartboard Approach," Working papers 94-27, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Glenn Ellison & Edward L. Glaeser, 1994. "Geographic Concentration in U.S. Manufacturing Industries: A Dartboard Approach," NBER Working Papers 4840, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Venables, Anthony J, 1996.
"Equilibrium Locations of Vertically Linked Industries,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 37(2), pages 341-359, May.
- Anthony J. Venables, 1993. "Equilibrium Locations of Vertically Linked Industries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0137, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Venables, Anthony J, 1993. "Equilibrium Locations of Vertically Linked Industries," CEPR Discussion Papers 802, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Baldwin,John R. & Gorecki,Paul, 1998. "The Dynamics of Industrial Competition," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521633574.
- Fujita, Masahisa & Mori, Tomoya, 1996. "The role of ports in the making of major cities: Self-agglomeration and hub-effect," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 93-120, April.
- Deichmann, Uwe & Kaiser, Kai & Lall, Somik V & Shalizi, Zmarak, 2005. "Agglomeration, transport, and regional development in Indonesia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3477, The World Bank.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1999. "India's Manufactured Exports: Comparative Structure and Prospects," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1769-1786, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sabyasachi Tripathi, 2013.
"Do Large Agglomerations Lead To Economic Growth? Evidence From Urban India,"
Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 176-200, November.
- Tripathi, Sabyasachi, 2012. "Do large agglomerations lead to economic growth? evidence from urban India," MPRA Paper 38227, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chiara BROCCOLINI & Alessia LO TURCO & Andrea PRESBITERO & Stefano STAFFOLANI, 2007. "International Outsourcing vs. ICT in explaining the wage gap in Italian Manufacturing," Working Papers 299, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Sabyasachi TRIPATHI, 2014.
"Estimating Urban Agglomeration Economies for India: A New Economic Geography Perspective,"
Theoretical and Empirical Researches in Urban Management,
Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 9(2), pages 5-34, May.
- Tripathi, Sabyasachi, 2012. "Estimating Urban Agglomeration Economies for India: A New Economic Geography Perspective," MPRA Paper 43501, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- World Bank, 2007. "Bangladesh : Strategy for Sustained Growth, Volume 1. Summary Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7765, The World Bank.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-12-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2005-12-14 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2005-12-14 (Development)
- NEP-GEO-2005-12-14 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2005-12-14 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3675. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.