The politics of economic policy reform in developing countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kimenyi, Mwangi S & Mbaku, John M, 1993. "Rent-Seeking and Institutional Stability in Developing Countries," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 77(2), pages 385-405, October.
- Ali, Sonia M. & Adams, Richard Jr, 1996. "The Egyptian food subsidy system: Operation and effects on income distribution," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(11), pages 1777-1791, November.
- Raul Labán & Federico Sturzenegger, 1994. "Distributional Conflict, Financial Adaptation And Delayed Stabilizations," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 257-276, November.
- Radelet, Steven, 1992. "Reform without revolt: the political economy of economic reform in the Gambia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(8), pages 1087-1099, August.
- Pedersen, Karl R, 1997. "The Political Economy of Distribution in Developing Countries: A Rent-Seeking Approach," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 91(3-4), pages 351-373, June.
- Dani Rodrik, 1996. "Understanding Economic Policy Reform," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(1), pages 9-41, March.
- Bienen, Henry, 1990. "The Politics of Trade Liberalization in Africa," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(4), pages 713-732, July.
- Herbst, Jeffrey, 1990. "The structural adjustment of politics in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(7), pages 949-958, July.
- Hawkins, Jeffrey Jr., 1991. "Understanding the failure of IMF reform: The Zambian case," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 839-849, July.
- Gordon, David F., 1996. "Sustaining economic reform under political liberalization in Africa: Issues and implications," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(9), pages 1527-1537, September.
- Drazen, Allan & Grilli, Vittorio, 1993. "The Benefit of Crises for Economic Reforms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 598-607, June.
- Tuck, L. & Lindert, K., 1996. "From Universal Food Subsidies to a Self-Targeted Program: A Case Study in Tunisian Reform," World Bank - Discussion Papers 351, World Bank.
- Fernandez, Raquel & Rodrik, Dani, 1991. "Resistance to Reform: Status Quo Bias in the Presence of Individual-Specific Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1146-1155, December.
- Alesina, Alberto & Drazen, Allan, 1991. "Why Are Stabilizations Delayed?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1170-1188, December.
- F. Rozwadowski & Siddharth Tiwari & David Robinson & Susan M Schadler, 1993. "Economic Adjustment in Low-Income Countries; Experience Under the Enhanced Structural Adjustment Facility," IMF Occasional Papers 106, International Monetary Fund.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1993. "The Positive Economics of Policy Reform," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 356-361, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hong-Ghi Min, 2002. "Inequality, the price of nontradables, and the real exchange rate : theory and cross-country evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2758, The World Bank.
- repec:bla:devpol:v:35:y:2017:i::p:o214-o233 is not listed on IDEAS
- Colin Poulton & Karuti Kanyinga, 2014. "The Politics of Revitalising Agriculture in Kenya," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 32(s2), pages 151-172, September.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks&Banking Reform; Economic Theory&Research; Environmental Economics&Policies; Payment Systems&Infrastructure; Social Inclusion&Institutions; Gender and Education; Economic Theory&Research; Banks&Banking Reform; Poverty Assessment; Inequality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2443. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .