Socioeconomic and ethnic determinants of grade repetition in Bolivia and Guatemala
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Behrman, Jere R & Deolalikar, Anil B, 1991. "School Repetition, Dropouts, and the Rates of Return to Schooling: The Case of Indonesia," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 53(4), pages 467-480, November.
- Psacharopoulos, George & Rojas, Carlos & Velez, Eduardo, 1992. "Achievement evaluation of Colombia's Escuela Nueva : is multigrade the answer?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 896, The World Bank.
- Gome-Neto, J.B. & Hanushek, E.A., 1991. "The Causes and Effects of Grade Repetition: Evidence from Brazil," RCER Working Papers 295, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Glewwe, P. & Jacoby, H., 1993. "Delayed Primary School Enrollment and Childhood Malnutrition in Ghana, an Economic Analysis," Papers 98, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elizabeth M. King & Peter F. Orazem & Elizabeth M. Paterno, 2016.
"Promotion with and without Learning: Effects on Student Enrollment and Dropout Behavior,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 30(3), pages 580-602.
- King, Elizabeth M. & Orazem, Peter & Paterno, Elizabeth M., 2008. "Promotion with and Without Learning: Effects on Student Enrollment and Dropout Behavior," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12968, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- King, Elizabeth M. & Orazem, Peter F. & Paterno, Elizabeth M., 2008. "Promotion with and without learning : effects on student enrollment and dropout behavior," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4722, The World Bank.
- Marco Manacorda, 2012.
"The Cost of Grade Retention,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 94(2), pages 596-606, May.
- Marco Manacorda, 2008. "The Cost of Grade Retention," CEP Discussion Papers dp0878, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Manacorda, Marco, 2010. "The Cost of Grade Retention," CEPR Discussion Papers 7889, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Manacorda, Marco, 2008. "The cost of grade retention," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19563, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- -, 1995. "Educación, eficiencia y equidad," Copublicaciones, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), number 1762 edited by Cepal, December.
- Crouch, Luis A., 1996. "Public education equity and efficiency in South Africa: Lessons for other countries," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 125-137, April.
- Joan B. Anderson, 2000. "Factors affecting learning of Mexican primary school children," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 15(1), pages 117-152.
- Godoy, Ricardo & Reyes-Garcia, Victoria & Seyfried, Craig & Huanca, Tomas & Leonard, William R. & McDade, Thomas & Tanner, Susan & Vadez, Vincent, 2007. "Language skills and earnings: Evidence from a pre-industrial economy in the Bolivian Amazon," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 349-360, June.
- Sunny, Bindu S. & Elze, Markus & Chihana, Menard & Gondwe, Levie & Crampin, Amelia C. & Munkhondya, Masoyaona & Kondowe, Scotch & Glynn, Judith R., 2017. "Failing to progress or progressing to fail? Age-for-grade heterogeneity and grade repetition in primary schools in Karonga district, northern Malawi," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 68-80.
- Santibañez, Lucrecia, 2016. "The indigenous achievement gap in Mexico: The role of teacher policy under intercultural bilingual education," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 63-75.
- Mete, Cem, 2004. "The inequality implications of highly selective promotion practices," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 301-314, June.
More about this item
KeywordsTeaching and Learning; Primary Education; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Youth and Governance; Gender and Education;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .