Viewing microinsurance as a social risk management instrument
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Holzmann & Steen Jørgensen, 2001.
"Social Risk Management: A New Conceptual Framework for Social Protection, and Beyond,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 8(4), pages 529-556, August.
- Robert Holzmann & Steen Jorgensen, 2000. "Social risk management : a new conceptual framework for social protection and beyond," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 21314, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gurenko, Eugene & Mahul, Olivier, 2003. "Combining insurance, contingent debt, and self-retention in an optimal corporate risk financing strategy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3167, The World Bank.
- Mirko Bendig & Thankom Arun, 2011. "Microfinancial Services And Risk Management: Evidences From Sri Lanka," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 36(4), pages 97-126, December.
- Arun, Thankom & Bendig, Mirko & Arun, Shoba, 2012. "Bequest Motives and Determinants of Micro Life Insurance in Sri Lanka," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1700-1711.
- World Bank, 2003. "Rural Financial Services : Implementing the Bank's Strategy to Reach the Rural Poor," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14677, The World Bank.
- Llanto, Gilberto M., 2008. "Policy and Regulatory Issues and Challenges in Microinsurance: a Philippine Case," Philippine Journal of Development PJD 2007 Vol. XXXIV No. 1, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Gurenko, Eugene & Olivier, Mahul, 2004. "Enabling productive but asset-poor farmers to succeed : A risk financing framework," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3211, The World Bank.
- Jutting, Johannes Paul, 2002. "Die neue Rolle von Sozialer Sicherung fÃ¼r lÃ¤ndliche Entwicklung in EntwicklungslÃ¤ndern," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 51(4).
- Gilbert M. Llanto & Joselito Almario & Marinella Gilda Llanto-Gamboa, 2006. "Microinsurance in the Philippines : Policy and Regulatory Issues and Challenges," Development Economics Working Papers 22649, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Bendig, Mirko & Arun, Thankom Gopinath, 2011. "Enrolment in Micro Life and Health Insurance: Evidences from Sri Lanka," IZA Discussion Papers 5427, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ahuja, Rajeev & Jutting, Johannes Paul, 2003. "Are The Poor Too Poor To Demand Health Insurance?," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25821, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsInsurance&Risk Mitigation; Banks&Banking Reform; Non Bank Financial Institutions; Environmental Economics&Policies; Health Economics&Finance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:hdnspu:23305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Raiden C. Dillard). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wrldbus.html .