Interventions to Mitigate Indoor Air Pollution: A Cost-Benefit Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Muhammad Irfan & Michael P Cameron & Gazi Hassan, 2021. "Interventions to mitigate indoor air pollution: A cost-benefit analysis," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 16(9), pages 1-17, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Diana Bonfim & Qinglei Dai, 2017. "Bank Size and Lending Specialisation," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 46(2), pages 329-380, July.
- Amjid, Syed S. & Bilal, Muhammad Q. & Nazir, Muhammad S. & Hussain, Altaf, 2011. "Biogas, renewable energy resource for Pakistan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 2833-2837, August.
- Abbas, Tahir & Ali, Ghaffar & Adil, Sultan Ali & Bashir, Muhammad Khalid & Kamran, Muhammad Asif, 2017. "Economic analysis of biogas adoption technology by rural farmers: The case of Faisalabad district in Pakistan," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 431-439.
- Hans-W. Micklitz & Lucia A. Reisch & Fernando Gomez, 2017. "Editorial to a Special Section," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 177-177, June.
- Vahlne, Niklas & Ahlgren, Erik O., 2014. "Policy implications for improved cook stove programs—A case study of the importance of village fuel use variations," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 484-495.
- Edwards, John H. Y. & Langpap, Christian, 2012.
"Fuel choice, indoor air pollution and children's health,"
Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 379-406, August.
- John H. Y. Edwards & Christian Langpap, 2008. "Fuel Choice, Indoor Air Pollution, and Children's Health," Working Papers 0803, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Muhammad Irfan & Michael P. Cameron & Gazi Hassan, 2017. "Households’ Energy Mix Selection in Pakistan," Working Papers in Economics 17/28, University of Waikato.
- Gejadze, Maia & Giot, Pierre & Schwienbacher, Armin, 2017. "Private equity fundraising and firm specialization," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 259-274.
- Viscusi, W.Â Kip & Masterman, Clayton J., 2017. "Income Elasticities and Global Values of a Statistical Life," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 226-250, July.
- Muhammad Irfan & Michael P. Cameron & Gazi Hassan, 2017. "Household Energy Elasticities in Pakistan: An Application of the LA-AIDS Model on Pooled Household Data," Working Papers in Economics 17/11, University of Waikato.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muhammad Irfan & Michael P. Cameron & Gazi Hassan, 2021. "Can income growth alone increase household consumption of cleaner fuels? Evidence from Pakistan," ECONOMICS AND POLICY OF ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2021(2), pages 121-146.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jabeen, Gul & Yan, Qingyou & Ahmad, Munir & Fatima, Nousheen & Jabeen, Maria & Li, Heng & Qamar, Shoaib, 2020. "Household-based critical influence factors of biogas generation technology utilization: A case of Punjab province of Pakistan," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 650-660.
- Syed M Amir & Yonggong Liu & Ashfaq A Shah & Umer Khayyam & Zafar Mahmood, 2020. "Empirical study on influencing factors of biogas technology adoption in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan," Energy & Environment, , vol. 31(2), pages 308-329, March.
- Athar Mahmood & Xiukang Wang & Ahmad Naeem Shahzad & Sajid Fiaz & Habib Ali & Maria Naqve & Muhammad Mansoor Javaid & Sahar Mumtaz & Mehwish Naseer & Renji Dong, 2021. "Perspectives on Bioenergy Feedstock Development in Pakistan: Challenges and Opportunities," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(15), pages 1-24, July.
- Zanxin Wang & Saqib Ali & Ahsan Akbar & Farhan Rasool, 2020. "Determining the Influencing Factors of Biogas Technology Adoption Intention in Pakistan: The Moderating Role of Social Media," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 17(7), pages 1-20, March.
- Sarker, Swati Anindita & Wang, Shouyang & Adnan, K.M. Mehedi & Sattar, M. Nahid, 2020. "Economic feasibility and determinants of biogas technology adoption: Evidence from Bangladesh," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 123(C).
- James K. Hammitt, 2020. "Valuing mortality risk in the time of COVID-19," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 61(2), pages 129-154, October.
- Arshad, Muhammad & Bano, Ijaz & Khan, Nasrullah & Shahzad, Mirza Imran & Younus, Muhammad & Abbas, Mazhar & Iqbal, Munawar, 2018. "Electricity generation from biogas of poultry waste: An assessment of potential and feasibility in Pakistan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P1), pages 1241-1246.
- Delis, Manthos D. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2015. "Firms' risk endogenous to strategic management choices," Bank of Finland Research Discussion Papers 16/2015, Bank of Finland.
- Ziebarth, Nicolas R. & Schmitt, Maike & Karlsson, Martin, 2013.
"The Short-Term Population Health Effects of Weather and Pollution: Implications of Climate Change,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7875, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Nicolas R. Ziebarth & Maike Schmitt & Martin Karlsson, 2014. "The Short-Term Population Health Effects of Weather and Pollution: Implications of Climate Change," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 646, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Ziebarth, N. R. & Schmitt, M. & Karlsson, M., 2013. "The short-term population health effects of weather and pollution: implications of climate change," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 13/34, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Ahmed, Saeed & Mahmood, Anzar & Hasan, Ahmad & Sidhu, Guftaar Ahmad Sardar & Butt, Muhammad Fasih Uddin, 2016. "A comparative review of China, India and Pakistan renewable energy sectors and sharing opportunities," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 216-225.
- Fricke, Daniel & Roukny, Tarik, 2020. "Generalists and specialists in the credit market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 112(C).
- Chen, Simiao & Prettner, Klaus & Kuhn, Michael & Bloom, David E., 2021. "The economic burden of COVID-19 in the United States: Estimates and projections under an infection-based herd immunity approach," The Journal of the Economics of Ageing, Elsevier, vol. 20(C).
- Zubova, E., 2022. "Value of statistical life in Russia based on microdata," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 53(1), pages 163-179.
- Moritz A. Drupp & Martin C. Hänsel, 2021.
"Relative Prices and Climate Policy: How the Scarcity of Nonmarket Goods Drives Policy Evaluation,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 13(1), pages 168-201, February.
- Drupp, Moritz A. & Hänsel, Martin C., 2018. "Relative prices and climate policy: How the scarcity of non-market goods drives policy evaluation," Economics Working Papers 2018-01, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Moritz A. Drupp & Martin C. Hänsel, 2020. "Relative Prices and Climate Policy: How the Scarcity of Non-Market Goods Drives Policy Evaluation," CESifo Working Paper Series 8052, CESifo.
- Delis, Manthos D. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2015. "Firms’ risk endogenous to strategic management choices," Research Discussion Papers 16/2015, Bank of Finland.
- Pullabhotla, Hemant K. & Souza, Mateus, 2022. "Air pollution from agricultural fires increases hypertension risk," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 115(C).
- Duan, Wenqi & Khurshid, Adnan & Nazir, Naila & Khan, Khalid & Calin, Adrian Cantemir, 2022. "From gray to green: Energy crises and the role of CPEC," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 190(C), pages 188-207.
- James K. Hammitt & Peter Morfeld & Jouni T. Tuomisto & Thomas C. Erren, 2020. "Premature Deaths, Statistical Lives, and Years of Life Lost: Identification, Quantification, and Valuation of Mortality Risks," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 40(4), pages 674-695, April.
- Barbera, Elena & Menegon, Silvia & Banzato, Donatella & D'Alpaos, Chiara & Bertucco, Alberto, 2019. "From biogas to biomethane: A process simulation-based techno-economic comparison of different upgrading technologies in the Italian context," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 663-673.
- Marcela V. Parada‐Contzen, 2019. "The Value of a Statistical Life for Risk‐Averse and Risk‐Seeking Individuals," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 39(11), pages 2369-2390, November.
More about this item
Keywordsindoor air pollution; interventions; cost-benefit analysis;
All these keywords.
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
- Q47 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy Forecasting
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2018-11-26 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2018-11-26 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-REG-2018-11-26 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wai:econwp:18/14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dewaknz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Geua Boe-Gibson (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dewaknz.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.