The Cost-Effectiveness of Alternative Methods of Delivering Housing Subsidies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Olsen, Edgar O. & Barton, David M., 1983. "The benefits and costs of public housing in New York City," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 299-332, April.
- Daniel H. Weinberg, 1982. "Housing Benefits From the Section 8 Housing Program," Evaluation Review, , vol. 6(1), pages 5-24, February.
- Mayo, Stephen K., 1986. "Sources of inefficiency in subsidized housing programs: A comparison of U.S. and German experience," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 229-249, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luis Marcano & Inder J. Ruprah, 2008.
"An Impact Evaluation of Chile's Progressive Housing Program,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
2896, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Luis Marcano & Inder J. Ruprah, 2008. "An Impact Evaluation of Chile’s Progressive Housing Program," OVE Working Papers 0608, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- Denise DiPasquale & Dennis Fricke & Daniel Garcia-Diez, 2003. "Comparing the costs of federal housing assistance programs," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jun, pages 147-166.
- Inder J. Ruprah & Luis Marcano, 2007.
"A Meta-Impact Evaluation of Social Housing Programs: The Chilean Case,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
2834, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Inder J Ruprah & Luis T Marcano, 2007. "A Meta-Impact Evaluation of Social Housing Programs: The Chilean Case," OVE Working Papers 0207, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- repec:pri:indrel:dsp01qz20ss50t is not listed on IDEAS
- Edgar O. Olsen, 2003. "Housing Programs for Low-Income Households," NBER Chapters,in: Means-Tested Transfer Programs in the United States, pages 365-442 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Crews Cutts, Amy & Olsen, Edgar O., 2002. "Are Section 8 housing subsidies too high?," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 214-243, September.
- Ludwig, Jens & Duncan, Greg J. & Pinkston, Joshua C., 2005. "Housing mobility programs and economic self-sufficiency: Evidence from a randomized experiment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 131-156, January.
- repec:pri:cheawb:j_kling_2005 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lang, Bree J., 2015. "Input distortions in the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit: Evidence from building size," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 119-128.
- Jeffrey R. Kling & Jeffrey B. Liebman & Lawrence F. Katz & Lisa Sanbonmatsu, 2004.
"Moving to Opportuntiy and Tranquility: Neighborhood Effects on Adult Economic Self-sufficiency and Health from a Randomized Housing Voucher Experiment,"
247, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Jeffrey R. Kling & Jeffrey B. Liebman & Lawrence F. Katz & Lisa Sanbonmatsu, 2004. "Moving to Opportunity and Tranquility: Neighborhood Effects on Adult Economic Self-Sufficiency and Health From a Randomized Housing Voucher Experiment," Working Papers 5, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- King, Jeffrey & Liebman, Jeffrey & Katz, Lawrence & Sanbonmatsu, Lisa, 2004. "Moving to Opportunity and Tranquility: Neighborhood Effects on Adult Economic Self-Sufficiency and Health from a Randomized Housing Voucher Experiment," Working Paper Series rwp04-035, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Anthony Yanxiang Gu & Joseph W. Trefzger, 2003. "Mortgage Payment as a Portion of Income: A Better Solution," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 6(1), pages 121-135.
- Matthew Klesta & Frank Manzo & Francisca Richter & Mark S. Sniderman, 2013. "Low-income-rental-housing programs in the Fourth District," Working Paper 1311, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Jeffrey R Kling & Jeffrey B Liebman & Lawrence F Katz, 2007. "Experimental Analysis of Neighborhood Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(1), pages 83-119, January.
- Eriksen, Michael D., 2009. "The market price of Low-Income Housing Tax Credits," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 141-149, September.
- Todd Sinai & Joel Waldfogel, "undated".
"Do Low Income Housing Subsidies Increase Housing Consumption?,"
Zell/Lurie Center Working Papers
394, Wharton School Samuel Zell and Robert Lurie Real Estate Center, University of Pennsylvania.
- Todd Sinai & Joel Waldfogel, 2002. "Do Low-Income Housing Subsidies Increase Housing Consumption?," NBER Working Papers 8709, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Early Dirk W. & Olsen Edgar O., 2002.
"Subsidized Housing, Emergency Shelters, and Homelessness: An Empirical Investigation Using Data from the 1990 Census,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-36, August.
- Edgar O. Olsen & Dirk W. Early, 2001. "Subsidized Housing, Emergency Shelters, and Homelessness: An Empirical Investigation Using Data from the 1990 Census," Virginia Economics Online Papers 352, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
- Sinai, Todd & Waldfogel, Joel, 2005. "Do low-income housing subsidies increase the occupied housing stock?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(11-12), pages 2137-2164, December.
More about this item
KeywordsHousing assistance; housing programs; housing subsidies; cost-effectiveness;
- H5 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- R3 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vir:virpap:351. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Debby Stanford). General contact details of provider: http://www.virginia.edu/economics/home.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.