The causal relationship between financial development and investment in Botswana
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- Simplice A. Asongu, 2014.
"Linkages between investment flows and financial development: Causality evidence from selected African countries,"
African Journal of Economic and Management Studies,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(3), pages 269-299, August.
- Asongu Simplice, 2012. "Linkages between Investment Flows and Financial Development: Causality Evidence from Selected African Countries," Working Papers 12/029, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Simplice A, Asongu, 2012. "Linkages between investment flows and financial development: causality evidence from selected African countries," MPRA Paper 38719, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marques, Luís Miguel & Fuinhas, José Alberto & Marques, António Cardoso, 2013. "Does the stock market cause economic growth? Portuguese evidence of economic regime change," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 316-324.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Peter Howells & Alaa M. Soliman, 2005. "Endogenous Growth Models and Stock Market Development: Evidence from Four Countries," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 166-176, May.
- Shan, Jordan Z & Morris, Alan G & Sun, Fiona, 2001. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: An Egg-and-Chicken Problem?," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 443-454, August.
- Levine, Ross, 2005. "Finance and Growth: Theory and Evidence," Handbook of Economic Growth,in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 865-934 Elsevier.
- Jordan Shan & Jianhong Qi, 2006. "Does Financial Development 'Lead' Economic Growth? The Case of China," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 7(1), pages 197-216, May.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Helmi Hamdi & Rashid Sbia & Hakimi Abdelaziz & Wafa Khlaifia hakimi, 2013.
"Multivariate Granger causality between foreign direct investment and economic growth in Tunisia,"
AccessEcon, vol. 33(2), pages 1193-1203.
- Helmi H. Hamdi & Rashid Sbia & Abdelaziz Hakimi & Wafa Khlaifia Hakimi, 2013. "Multivariate granger causality between foreign direct investment and economic growth in Tunisia," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/206834, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- World Bank, 2016. "World Development Indicators 2016," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 23969.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2010. "Financial Institutions and Markets across Countries and over Time: The Updated Financial Development and Structure Database," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 24(1), pages 77-92, January.
- Yongfu Huang, 2011.
"Private investment and financial development in a globalized world,"
Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 43-56, August.
- Yongfu Huang, 2006. "Private investment and financial development in a globalized world," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 06/589, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Jordan Shan & Alan Morris, 2002. "Does Financial Development 'Lead' Economic Growth?," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 153-168.
- Perron, Pierre, 1997.
"Further evidence on breaking trend functions in macroeconomic variables,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 355-385, October.
- Perron, P., 1990. "Further Evidence On Breaking Trend Functions In Macroeconomics Variables," Papers 350, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Perron, P., 1994. "Further Evidence on Breaking Trend Functions in Macroeconomic Variables," Cahiers de recherche 9421, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Perron, P., 1994. "Further Evidence on Breaking Trend Functions in Macroeconomic Variables," Cahiers de recherche 9421, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Xun Lu & Dietrich Fausten & Russell Smyth, 2007.
"Financial Development, Capital Accumulation and Productivity Improvement: Evidence from China,"
Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 227-242.
- Xun Lu & Dietrich Fausten & Russell Smyth, 2006. "Financial Development, Capital Accumulation And Productivity Improvement: Evidence From China," Monash Economics Working Papers 04/06, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2000. "A New Database on the Structure and Development of the Financial Sector," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 14(3), pages 597-605, September.
- Xu, Zhenhui, 2000. "Financial Development, Investment, and Economic Growth," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 38(2), pages 331-344, April.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Peter G. A Howells & Alaa M. Soliman, 2004. "Stock Market Development And Economic Growth: The Causal Linkage," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 29(1), pages 33-50, June.
More about this item
KeywordsBotswana; Investment; Bank-Based Financial Development; Market-Based Financial Development;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uza:wpaper:22607. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shaun Donovan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deusaza.html .