Capturing the Impact of Latent Industry-Wide Shocks with Dynamic Panel Model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- F. Moscone & E. Tosetti, 2010.
"Health expenditure and income in the United States,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(12), pages 1385-1403, December.
- Elisa Tosetti & Francesco Moscone, 2007. "Health Expenditure and Income in the United States," Discussion Papers in Economics 07/14, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Joshua Chan & Roberto Leon-Gonzalez & Rodney W. Strachan, 2018.
"Invariant Inference and Efficient Computation in the Static Factor Model,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 113(522), pages 819-828, April.
- Joshua C.C. Chan & Roberto Leon-Gonzalez & Rodney W. Strachan, 2013. "Invariant Inference and Efficient Computation in the Static Factor Model," CAMA Working Papers 2013-32, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Chen, Long, 2009. "On the reversal of return and dividend growth predictability: A tale of two periods," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 128-151, April.
- Geweke, John & Zhou, Guofu, 1996.
"Measuring the Pricing Error of the Arbitrage Pricing Theory,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(2), pages 557-587.
- John F. Geweke & Guofu Zhou, 1995. "Measuring the pricing error of the arbitrage pricing theory," Staff Report 189, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- John Geweke & Guofu Zhou, 1996. "Measuring the Pricing Error of the Arbitrage Pricing Theory," CEMA Working Papers 276, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- JULES H. van BINSBERGEN & RALPH S. J. KOIJEN, 2010. "Predictive Regressions: A Present-Value Approach," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 65(4), pages 1439-1471, August.
- Clement, Michael B. & Hales, Jeffrey & Xue, Yanfeng, 2011. "Understanding analysts' use of stock returns and other analysts' revisions when forecasting earnings," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 279-299, April.
- Chen, Peter & Zhang, Guochang, 2007. "How do accounting variables explain stock price movements? Theory and evidence," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2-3), pages 219-244, July.
- repec:bla:joares:v:38:y:2000:i:2:p:271-295 is not listed on IDEAS
- Larrain, Borja & Yogo, Motohiro, 2008.
"Does firm value move too much to be justified by subsequent changes in cash flow,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 200-226, January.
- Borja Larrain & Motohiro Yogo, 2005. "Does firm value move too much to be justified by subsequent changes in cash flow?," Working Papers 05-18, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Borja Larrain & Motohiro Yogo, 2007. "Does Firm Value Move Too Much to be Justified by Subsequent Changes in Cash Flow?," NBER Working Papers 12847, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chen, Jia & Gao, Jiti & Li, Degui, 2012.
"Semiparametric trending panel data models with cross-sectional dependence,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 171(1), pages 71-85.
- Jia Chen & Jiti Gao & Degui Li, 2010. "Semiparametric Trending Panel Data Models with Cross-Sectional Dependence," School of Economics Working Papers 2010-10, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Jia Chen & Jiti Gao & Degui Li, 2011. "Semiparametric Trending Panel Data Models with Cross-Sectional Dependence," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 15/11, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Ahn, Seung C. & Lee, Young H. & Schmidt, Peter, 2013.
"Panel data models with multiple time-varying individual effects,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 174(1), pages 1-14.
- Seung C. Ahn & Young H. Lee & Peter Schmidt, 2007. "Panel Data Models with Multiple Time-Varying Individual Effects," Working Papers 0702, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2006.
"Estimation and Inference in Large Heterogeneous Panels with a Multifactor Error Structure,"
Econometric Society, vol. 74(4), pages 967-1012, July.
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2004. "Estimation and Inference in Large Heterogeneous Panels with a Multifactor Error Structure," CESifo Working Paper Series 1331, CESifo Group Munich.
- Harford, Jarrad, 2005. "What drives merger waves?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 529-560, September.
- Jushan Bai, 2009. "Panel Data Models With Interactive Fixed Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 77(4), pages 1229-1279, July.
- Lessard, Donald R, 1974. "World, National, and Industry Factors in Equity Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 379-391, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ahmadi, Maryam & Manera, Matteo & Sadeghzadeh, Mehdi, 2016. "Global oil market and the U.S. stock returns," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 1277-1287.
- Hong, KiHoon & Wu, Eliza, 2016. "The roles of past returns and firm fundamentals in driving US stock price movements," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 62-75.
More about this item
KeywordsCommon Factor Structural Error; Common Shocks; Stock Price Movements; Accounting Fundamentals; Bayesian Gibbs Sampler;
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-05-09 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:rpaper:347. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/qfutsau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.