The "Flock" Phenomenon of the Sydney Lockout Laws: Dual Effects on Rental Prices
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Julie Berry Cullen & Steven D. Levitt, 1999.
"Crime, Urban Flight, And The Consequences For Cities,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 159-169, May.
- Julie Berry Cullen & Steven D. Levitt, 1996. "Crime, Urban Flight, and the Consequences for Cities," NBER Working Papers 5737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anastasia Klimova & Adrian D. Lee, 2014.
"Does a Nearby Murder Affect Housing Prices and Rents? The Case of Sydney,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 90, pages 16-40, June.
- Anastasia Klimova & Adrian D. Lee, 2014. "Does a Nearby Murder Affect Housing Prices and Rents? The Case of Sydney," Working Paper Series 21, Economics Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Anastasia Klimova & Adrian D. Lee, 2014. "Does a Nearby Murder Affect Housing Prices and Rents? The Case of Sydney," Working Paper Series 181, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Ihlanfeldt, Keith & Mayock, Tom, 2010. "Panel data estimates of the effects of different types of crime on housing prices," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2-3), pages 161-172, May.
- Leigh Linden & Jonah E. Rockoff, 2008. "Estimates of the Impact of Crime Risk on Property Values from Megan's Laws," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(3), pages 1103-1127, June.
More about this item
KeywordsAlcohol law; Geographically targeted crime control; Displacement; Housing markets; Difference-in-difference; Sydney;
- K32 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Energy, Environmental, Health, and Safety Law
- R2 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis
- R3 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-11-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAW-2016-11-27 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-URE-2016-11-27 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:ecowps:38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford) or (Marina Grazioli). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edutsau.html .