Panel data estimates of the effects of different types of crime on housing prices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pope, Carl E., 1980. "Patterns in burglary: An empirical examination of offense and offender characteristics," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 39-51.
- Steve Gibbons, 2004. "The Costs of Urban Property Crime," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(499), pages 441-463, November.
- Isaac Ehrlich, 1996. "Crime, Punishment, and the Market for Offenses," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(1), pages 43-67, Winter.
- Bowes, David R. & Ihlanfeldt, Keith R., 2001. "Identifying the Impacts of Rail Transit Stations on Residential Property Values," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karolien De Bruyne & Jan Van Hove, 2013. "Explaining the spatial variation in housing prices: an economic geography approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(13), pages 1673-1689, May.
- repec:eee:jobuve:v:5:y:2016:i:c:p:19-26 is not listed on IDEAS
- James Alm & Keith Finlay, 2013. "Who Benefits from Tax Evasion?," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 139-154, September.
- Bayar, Mehmet, 2016. "The impact of cultural diversity on the German housing market," Ruhr Economic Papers 662, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Georgia Perks & Shiko Maruyama, 2016. "The "Flock" Phenomenon of the Sydney Lockout Laws: Dual Effects on Rental Prices," Working Paper Series 38, Economics Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Nichols, Joseph B. & Oliner, Stephen D. & Mulhall, Michael R., 2013.
"Swings in commercial and residential land prices in the United States,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 57-76.
- Stephen D. Oliner & Joseph B. Nichols & Michael R. Mulhall, 2012. "Swings in commercial and residential land prices in the United States," AEI Economics Working Papers 16021, American Enterprise Institute.
- Aliprantis, Dionissi & Hartley, Daniel, 2015. "Blowing it up and knocking it down: The local and city-wide effects of demolishing high concentration public housing on crime," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 67-81.
- Anastasia Klimova & Adrian D. Lee, 2014.
"Does a Nearby Murder Affect Housing Prices and Rents? The Case of Sydney,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 90, pages 16-40, June.
- Anastasia Klimova & Adrian D. Lee, 2014. "Does a Nearby Murder Affect Housing Prices and Rents? The Case of Sydney," Working Paper Series 21, Economics Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Anastasia Klimova & Adrian D. Lee, 2014. "Does a Nearby Murder Affect Housing Prices and Rents? The Case of Sydney," Working Paper Series 181, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Adriana Villamarin Garcia, 2011. "Prevenir y calcular una estimacion de los costos de la violencia homicida en Colombia," DOCUMENTOS DE CERAC 009108, CERAC -CENTRO DE RECURSOS PARA EL ANÁLISIS DE CONFLICTOS-.
- Arbel, Yuval & Ben-Shahar, Danny & Gabriel, Stuart & Tobol, Yossef, 2010. "The local cost of terror: Effects of the second Palestinian Intifada on Jerusalem house prices," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 415-426, November.
- Zhang, Zhaohua & Hite, Diane, 2015. "House Value, Crime and Residential Location Choice," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196826, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Adriana Villamarín García, 2011. "Prevenir y calcular: una estimación de los costos de la violencia homicida en Colombia," VNIVERSITAS ECONÓMICA 008873, UNIVERSIDAD JAVERIANA - BOGOTÁ.
- Melek Cigdem-Bayram, 2018. "How do crime rates affect property prices?," Technical papers 201802, Infrastructure Victoria.
- repec:eee:touman:v:60:y:2017:i:c:p:257-269 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan Tomas Sayago-Gomez & Adam Nowak, 2016. "What is Near and Recent in Crime for a Homeowner? The Cases of Denver and Seattle," Working Papers Working Paper 2016-01, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Keith Ihlanfeldt & Tom Mayock, 2016. "The Impact of REO Sales on Neighborhoods and Their Residents," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 53(3), pages 282-324, October.
- Taggert J. Brooks & Brad R. Humphreys & Adam Nowak, 2016. "Strip Clubs, â€œSecondary Effects,â€ and Residential Property Prices," Working Papers 16-17, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- repec:eee:juecon:v:100:y:2017:i:c:p:1-18 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsHousing markets Housing prices Crime;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:40:y:2010:i:2-3:p:161-172. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.