India’s structural transformation and role in the world economy
This paper employs (1) a three-sector structuralist model of development with informal and formal activities and (2) a global one-sector model with demand determined outputs and bargained distribution to investigate whether India’s growth performance can be sustained, where the country might face constraints to growth, and how India’s growth matters in the global economy.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1645 E. Central Campus Dr. Front, Salt Lake City, UT 84112-9300|
Phone: (801) 581-7481
Fax: (801) 585-5649
Web page: http://economics.utah.edu
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Syrquin, M. & Chenery, H.B., 1989. "Patterns Of Development, 1950 To 1983," World Bank - Discussion Papers 41, World Bank.
- Codrina Rada, 2007. "Stagnation or transformation of a dual economy through endogenous productivity growth," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(5), pages 711-740, September.
- Pyatt, Graham, 1988. "A SAM approach to modeling," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 327-352.
- Taylor, Lance, 1985. "A Stagnationist Model of Economic Growth," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(4), pages 383-403, December.
- Rudiger von Arnim & Steve Bannister & Nathan Perry, 2013. "A global model of recovery and rebalancing," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(4), pages 889-920.
- Nelson H. Barbosa-Filho & Lance Taylor, 2006. "Distributive And Demand Cycles In The Us Economy-A Structuralist Goodwin Model," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 389-411, 07.
- Bhaduri, Amit & Marglin, Stephen, 1990. "Unemployment and the Real Wage: The Economic Basis for Contesting Political Ideologies," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 375-93, December.
- Barun Deb Pal & Sanjib Pohit & Joyashree Roy, 2012. "Social Accounting Matrix For India," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 77-99, August.
- Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1984. "Stagnation, Income Distribution and Monopoly Power," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 25-40, March.
- Amartya K. Sen, 1966. "Peasants and Dualism with or without Surplus Labor," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 425.
- S. Narayan, 2009. "India," Chapters, in: The Political Economy of Trade Reform in Emerging Markets, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Codrina Rada & Rudiger von Arnim, 2011. "Structural Transformation in China and India: The Role of Macroeconomic Policies," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2011_05, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uta:papers:2012_05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.