Maximum Score Estimates of the Determinants of Residential Mobility: Implications for the Value of Residential Attachment and Neighborhood Amenities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Bartik, Timothy J. & Butler, J. S. & Liu, Jin-Tan, 1992. "Maximum score estimates of the determinants of residential mobility: Implications for the value of residential attachment and neighborhood amenities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 233-256, September.
- Timothy J. Bartik & J.S. Butler & Jin Tan Liu, 1990. "Maximum Score Estimates of the Determinants of Residential Mobility: Implications for the Value of Residential Attachment and Neighborhood Amenities," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 90-01, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Manski, Charles F. & Thompson, T. Scott, 1986. "Operational characteristics of maximum score estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 85-108, June.
- Dunn, L. F., 1979. "Measuring the value of community," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 371-382, July.
- Venti, Steven F. & Wise, David A., 1984.
"Moving and housing expenditure: Transaction costs and disequilibrium,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 207-243.
- Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 1982. "Moving and Housing Expenditure: Transaction Costs and Disequilibrium," NBER Working Papers 1012, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Timothy J. Bartik & V. Kerry Smith, 1996. "Urban Amenities and Public Policy," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: V. Kerry Smith (ed.), Estimating Economic Values for Nature: Methods for Non-Market Valuation, pages 271-318 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Dynarski, Mark, 1985. "Housing demand and disequilibrium," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 42-57, January.
- Bolton, R., 1989. "An Economic Interpretation Of A Sense Of Place," Department of Economics Working Papers 130, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Manski, Charles F., 1975. "Maximum score estimation of the stochastic utility model of choice," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 205-228, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aaronson, Daniel, 1999.
"The Effect of School Finance Reform on Population Heterogeneity,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 52(1), pages 5-29, March.
- Daniel Aaronson, 1998. "The effect of school finance reform on population heterogeneity," Working Paper Series WP-98-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:5:p:1549-:d:146121 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wenli Li & Haiyong Liu & Fang Yang & Rui Yao, 2016.
"Housing Over Time And Over The Life Cycle: A Structural Estimation,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 57, pages 1237-1260, November.
- Li, Wenli & Liu, Haiyong & Yao, Rui, 2009. "Housing over time and over the life cycle: a structural estimation," Working Papers 09-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Li, Wenli & Liu, Haiyong & Yang, Fang & Yao, Rui, 2015. "Housing over time and over the life cycle: a structural estimation," Working Papers 15-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Quigley, John M., 2002. "Transactions Costs and Housing Markets," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt6pz8p6zt, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Clark David E. & Nieves Leslie A., 1994. "An Interregional Hedonic Analysis of Noxious Facility Impacts on Local Wages and Property Values," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 235-253, November.
- Ji, Yonggang & Lin, Nan & Zhang, Baoxue, 2012. "Model selection in binary and tobit quantile regression using the Gibbs sampler," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 827-839.
- Van Ommeren, Jos & Fosgerau, Mogens, 2009. "Workers' marginal costs of commuting," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 38-47, January.
- Van Ommeren, Jos & Koopman, Marnix, 2011.
"Public housing and the value of apartment quality to households,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 207-213, May.
- Jos Van Ommeren & Marnix Koopman, 2010. "Public Housing and the Value of Apartment Quality to Households," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-085/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Jos Van Ommeren & Mihails Hazans, 2008. "Workers' Valuation of the Remaining Employment Contract Duration," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 75(297), pages 116-139, February.
- Lyytikäinen, Teemu, 2008. "Studies on the Effects of Property Taxation, Rent Control and Housing Allowances," Research Reports 140, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- van Ommeren, Jos & Rietveld, Piet & Nijkamp, Peter, 1999. "Job Moving, Residential Moving, and Commuting: A Search Perspective," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 230-253, September.
- Ross, Stephen L., 1998. "Racial Differences in Residential and Job Mobility: Evidence Concerning the Spatial Mismatch Hypothesis," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 112-135, January.
- Gregory Kordas, 2006. "Smoothed binary regression quantiles," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(3), pages 387-407.
- Cragg, Michael & Kahn, Matthew, 1997. "New Estimates of Climate Demand: Evidence from Location Choice," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 261-284, September.
- Van Ommeren, Jos N. & Van der Vlist, Arno J., 2016. "Households' willingness to pay for public housing," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 91-105.
- Jos van Ommeren & Gerard J. van den Berg & Cees Gorter, 2000.
"Estimating the Marginal Willingness to Pay for Commuting,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 541-563.
- Ommeren, Jos van & Berg, Gerard J. van den & Gorter, Cees, 1998. "Estimating the marginal willingness to pay for commuting," Serie Research Memoranda 0046, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Van Ommeren, Jos & Graaf-de Zijl, Marloes, 2013. "Estimating household demand for housing attributes in rent-controlled markets," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 11-19.
- Florios, Kostas & Skouras, Spyros, 2008. "Exact computation of max weighted score estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 86-91, September.
- Kan, Kamhon, 2007. "Residential mobility and social capital," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 436-457, May.
More about this item
Keywordslocal economic development; residential mobility; amenities;
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upj:weupjo:tjb1992jue. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/upjohus.html .