Consistency and the Walrasian allocations correspondence
We characterize the Walrasian allocations correspondence, in classes of exchange economies with smooth and convex preferences, by means of consistency requirements and other axioms. We present three characterization results; all of which require consistency, converse consistency and standard axioms. Two characterizations hold also on domains with a finite number of potential agents, one of them requires envy freeness (with respect to trades) and the other--core selection; a third characterization, that requires core selection, applies only to a variable number of agents domain, but is valid also when the domain includes only a small variety of preferences.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- van den Nouweland, C.G.A.M. & Peleg, B. & Tijs, S.H., 1996.
"Axiomatic characterizations of the Walras correspondence for generalized economies,"
Other publications TiSEM
6ac8c569-8178-4176-9ecf-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- van den Nouweland, A. & Peleg, B. & Tijs, S., 1996. "Axiomatic characterizations of the Walras correspondence for generalized economies," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 355-372.
- van den Nouweland, C.G.A.M. & Peleg, B. & Tijs, S.H., 1994. "Axiomatic characterizations of the Walras correspondence for generalized economies," Discussion Paper 1994-58, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Mas-Colell,Andreu, 1990.
"The Theory of General Economic Equilibrium,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521388702, November.
- Nir Dagan, 1995.
"Consistent solutions in exchange economies: A characterization of the price mechanism,"
Economics Working Papers
141, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Nir Dagan, 1995. "Consistent Solutions in Exchange Economies: a Characterization of the Price Mechanism," Economic theory and game theory 011, Nir Dagan.
- Lensberg, Terje, 1988. "Stability and the Nash solution," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 330-341, August.
- Peleg, B, 1986. "On the Reduced Game Property and Its Converse," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 187-200.
- Hart, Sergiu & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989. "Potential, Value, and Consistency," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 589-614, May.
- Thomson, William & Zhou, Lin, 1993. "Consistent Solutions in Atomless Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 575-87, May.
- Peleg, Bezalel, 1985. "An axiomatization of the core of cooperative games without side payments," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 203-214, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.