Modeling Impact of Climate Change on Water Resources and Agriculture Demand in the Volta Basin and Other Basin Systems in Ghana
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zuidema, Pieter A. & Leffelaar, Peter A. & Gerritsma, Wouter & Mommer, Liesje & Anten, Niels P.R., 2005. "A physiological production model for cocoa (Theobroma cacao): model presentation, validation and application," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 195-225, May.
- De Pinto, Alessandro & Demirag, UlaÃ§ & Haruna, Akiko & Koo, Jawoo & Asamoah, Marian, 2012. "Climate change, agriculture, and foodcrop production in Ghana," GSSP policy notes 3, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Namara, Regassa E. & Horowitz, Leah & Nyamadi, Ben & Barry, Boubacar, 2011. "Irrigation development in Ghana: Past experiences, emerging opportunities, and future directions," GSSP working papers 27, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Johnston, Robyn M. & McCartney, Matthew, 2010. "Inventory of water storage types in the Blue Nile and Volta River Basins," IWMI Working Papers H043220, International Water Management Institute.
- Namara, Regassa E., 2011. "Irrigation development in Ghana: past experiences, emerging opportunities, and future directions," IWMI Working Papers H043830, International Water Management Institute.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Amisigo, Barnabas A. & McCluskey, Alyssa & Swanson, Richard, 2014. "Modeling impact of climate change on water resources and agriculture demand in the Volta Basin and other basin systems in Ghana," WIDER Working Paper Series 033, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Koide, Junji & Yokoyama, Shigeki & Hirouchi, Shinji & Hirose, Chikako & Oka, Naoko & Oda, Masato & Yanagihara, Seiji, 2021. "Exploring climate-resilient and risk-efficient cropping strategies using a new pond irrigation system: An experimental study in northern Ghana," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 191(C).
- Acheampong, Daniel & Balana, Bedru B. & Nimoh, Fred & Abaidoo, Robert C., 2018. "Asssesing the effectiveness and impact of agricultural water management interventions: the case of small reservoirs in northern Ghana," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 209(C), pages 163-170.
- Barnabas A. Amisigo & Alyssa McCluskey & Richard Swanson, 2015. "Modeling Impact of Climate Change on Water Resources and Agriculture Demand in the Volta Basin and other Basin Systems in Ghana," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-19, May.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Jimah, Kipo & Kolavalli, Shashidhara & Diao, Xinshen & Funk, Rebecca Lee, 2013. "Dynamics of transformation: Insights from an exploratory review of rice farming in the Kpong irrigation project:," IFPRI discussion papers 1272, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Xie, Hua & You, Liangzhi & Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2017. "Invest in small-scale irrigated agriculture: A national assessment on potential to expand small-scale irrigation in Nigeria," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 193(C), pages 251-264.
- Duker, A.E.C. & Mawoyo, T.A. & Bolding, A. & de Fraiture, C. & van der Zaag, P., 2020. "Shifting or drifting? The crisis-driven advancement and failure of private smallholder irrigation from sand river aquifers in southern arid Zimbabwe," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 241(C).
- Amjath-Babu, T.S. & Krupnik, Timothy J. & Kaechele, Harald & Aravindakshan, Sreejith & Sietz, Diana, 2016. "Transitioning to groundwater irrigated intensified agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa: An indicator based assessment," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 125-135.
- de Fraiture, Charlotte & Giordano, Meredith, 2014. "Small private irrigation: A thriving but overlooked sector," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 167-174.
- Akuriba, M. & Haagsma, R. & Heerink, N. & Dittoh, S., 2018. "Sustaining small scale irrigation systems: the role of users," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277280, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Maria Waldinger, 2015. "The economic effects of long-term climate change: evidence from the little ice age," GRI Working Papers 214, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Dessalegn, Mengistu & Merrey, D. J., 2014. "Is ‘Social Cooperation’ for traditional irrigation, while ‘Technology’ is for motor pump irrigation?," IWMI Reports 201004, International Water Management Institute.
- Namara, Regassa E. & Hope, Lesley & Sarpong, Eric Owusu & De Fraiture, Charlotte & Owusu, Diana, 2014. "Adoption patterns and constraints pertaining to small-scale water lifting technologies in Ghana," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 194-203.
- Mutambara, Solomon & Darkoh, Michael B.K. & Atlhopheng, Julius R., 2016. "A comparative review of water management sustainability challenges in smallholder irrigation schemes in Africa and Asia," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 171(C), pages 63-72.
- Akrofi, N.A. & Sarpong, D.B. & Somuah, H.A.S. & Osei-Owusu, Y., 2019. "Paying for privately installed irrigation services in Northern Ghana: The case of the smallholder Bhungroo Irrigation Technology," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 216(C), pages 284-293.
- Millicent deGraft-Johnson & Aya Suzuki & Takeshi Sakurai & Keijiro Otsuka, 2014. "On the transferability of the Asian rice green revolution to rainfed areas in sub-Saharan Africa: an assessment of technology intervention in Northern Ghana," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(5), pages 555-570, September.
- Xie, Hua & You, Liangzhi & Dile, Yihun T. & Worqlul, Abeyou W. & Bizimana, Jean-Claude & Srinivasan, Raghavan & Richardson, James W. & Gerik, Thomas & Clark, Neville, 2021. "Mapping development potential of dry-season small-scale irrigation in Sub-Saharan African countries under joint biophysical and economic constraints - An agent-based modeling approach with an applicat," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 186(C).
- Srinivas Chokkakula & Mark Giordano, 2013. "Do policy and institutional factors explain the low levels of smallholder groundwater use in Sub-Saharan Africa?," Water International, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(6), pages 790-808, October.
- Abdulai, Issaka & Hoffmann, Munir P. & Jassogne, Laurence & Asare, Richard & Graefe, Sophie & Tao, Hsiao-Hang & Muilerman, Sander & Vaast, Philippe & Van Asten, Piet & Läderach, Peter & Rötter, Reimun, 2020. "Variations in yield gaps of smallholder cocoa systems and the main determining factors along a climate gradient in Ghana," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 181(C).
- Houssou, Nazaire & Kolavalli, Shashidhara & Silver, Jed, 2016. "Agricultural intensification, technology adoption, and institutions in Ghana," GSSP policy notes 10, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsAgriculture; Global warming; Water use; Climate change;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp-2014-033. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Siméon Rapin (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.