Foreign Direct Investment from China, India and South Africa in Sub-Saharan Africa: A New or Old Phenomenon?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- World Bank & International Finance Corporation, 2006. "Doing Business 2007 : How to Reform," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7245, June.
- Dunning, John H., 2000. "The eclectic paradigm as an envelope for economic and business theories of MNE activity," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 163-190, April.
- Benjamin M Oviatt & Patricia P McDougall, 2005. "The internationalization of entrepreneurship," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 36(1), pages 2-8, January.
- Erkko Autio, 2005. "Creative tension: the significance of Ben Oviatt's and Patricia McDougall's article ‘toward a theory of international new ventures’," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 36(1), pages 9-19, January.
- Ramana Nanda & Tarun Khanna, 2010.
"Diasporas and Domestic Entrepreneurs: Evidence from the Indian Software Industry,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(4), pages 991-1012, December.
- Ramana Nanda & Tarun Khanna, 2007. "Diasporas and Domestic Entrepreneurs: Evidence from the Indian Software Industry," Harvard Business School Working Papers 08-003, Harvard Business School, revised Feb 2009.
- Jan Johanson & Jan-Erik Vahlne, 1977. "The Internationalization Process of the Firm—A Model of Knowledge Development and Increasing Foreign Market Commitments," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 8(1), pages 23-32, March.
- Igor Filatotchev & Roger Strange & Jenifer Piesse & Yung-Chih Lien, 2007. "FDI by firms from newly industrialised economies in emerging markets: corporate governance, entry mode and location," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(4), pages 556-572, July.
- Michael A Witt & Arie Y Lewin, 2007. "Outward foreign direct investment as escape response to home country institutional constraints," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(4), pages 579-594, July.
- John S Henley, 2004. "Chasing the dragon: accounting for the under-performance of India by comparison with China in attracting foreign direct investment," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(7), pages 1039-1052.
- Morisset, Jacques, 2000. "Foreign direct investment in Africa : policies also matter," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2481, The World Bank.
- Yin, Xingmin, 2005. "China," Documentos de Proyectos 4274, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Shaker A Zahra, 2005. "A theory of international new ventures: a decade of research," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 36(1), pages 20-28, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:chieco:v:48:y:2018:i:c:p:258-268 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cyrielle Auffray & Xiaolan Fu, 2015. "Chinese MNEs and managerial knowledge transfer in Africa: the case of the construction sector in Ghana," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 285-310, November.
- Jean Claude Berthélemy, 2011. "Working Paper 129 - China’s Engagement and Aid Effectiveness in Africa," Working Paper Series 295, African Development Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsSouth-South FDI; market-seeking; sub-Saharan Africa; China; India; South Africa;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2008-09-29 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2008-09-29 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2008-09-29 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:rp2008-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.