Structural Change, Technology, and Economic Growth: Brazil and the CIBS in a Comparative Perspective
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mario Cimoli & Wellington Pereira & Gabriel Porcile & Fábio Scatolin, 2011. "Structural change, technology, and economic growth: Brazil and the CIBS in a comparative perspective," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 25-47, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fagerberg, Jan, 2000.
"Technological progress, structural change and productivity growth: a comparative study,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 393-411, December.
- Jan Fagerberg, 2000. "Technological Progress, Structural Change and Productivity Growth: A Comparative Study," Working Papers 5, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Jason Hwang & Dani Rodrik, 2007.
"What you export matters,"
Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 1-25, March.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Hwang, Jason & Rodrik, Dani, 2005. "What You Export Matters," Working Paper Series rwp05-063, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Hwang, Jason & Rodrik, Dani, 2006. "What You Export Matters," CEPR Discussion Papers 5444, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Jason Hwang & Dani Rodrik, 2005. "What You Export Matters," NBER Working Papers 11905, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Jason Hwang & Dani Rodrik, 2005. "What You Export Matters," CID Working Papers 123, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Prebisch, Raúl, 1981. "Capitalismo periférico: crisis y transformación," Libros y Documentos Institucionales, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), number 42073 edited by Fondo de Cultura Económica, October.
- Vos, Rob & Frenkel, Roberto & Ocampo, José Antonio & Palma, José Gabriel & Marfán, Manuel & Ros, Jaime & Taylor, Lance & Correa, Nelson & Cimoli, Mario, 2011. "Beyond Reforms: Structural Dynamics and Macroeconomic Vulnerability," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 347 edited by Ocampo, José Antonio, December.
- Paulo Gala, 2008. "Real exchange rate levels and economic development: theoretical analysis and econometric evidence," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(2), pages 273-288, March.
- Michael Peneder, 2004.
"Tracing Empirical Trails of Schumpeterian Development,"
Papers on Economics and Evolution
2004-09, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Michael Peneder, 2004. "Tracing Empirical Trails of Schumpeterian Development," WIFO Working Papers 229, WIFO.
- Roberto Frenkel & Martin Rapetti, 2008. "Five years of competitive and stable real exchange rate in Argentina, 2002-2007," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 215-226.
- Simon Teitel, 2004. "On Semi-Industrialized Countries and the Acquisition of Technological Capabilities," ICER Working Papers 19-2004, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Sanjaya Lall (QEH), John Weiss and Jinkang Zhang, "undated". "The 'Sophistication' Of Exports: A New Measure Of Product Characteristics," QEH Working Papers qehwps123, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Eva da Silva Catela & Gabriel Porcile, 2012.
"Keynesian and Schumpeterian efficiency in a BOP-constrained growth model,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 777-802.
- Eva Catela & Gabriel Porcile, 2010. "Keynesian and schumpeterian efficiency in a BOP-constrained growth model," Working Papers 0104, Universidade Federal do Paraná, Department of Economics.
- Narula, Rajneesh, 2004.
"Understanding absorptive capacities in an "innovation systems" context: consequences for economic and employment growth,"
004, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Rajneesh Narula, 2004. "Understanding absorptive capacities in an "innovation systems" context consequences for economic and employment growth," DRUID Working Papers 04-02, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Frenkel, Roberto & Ros, Jaime, 2006. "Unemployment and the real exchange rate in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 631-646, April.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1994. "Technology and International Differences in Growth Rates," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1147-1175, September.
- Mario Cimoli & Gabriel Porcile, 2010. "Specialization, Wage Bargaining And Technology In A Multigoods Growth Model," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(1), pages 219-238, February.
- Richard R. Nelson & Edmond S. Phelps, 1965. "Investment in Humans, Technological Diffusion and Economic Growth," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 189, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Ricardo Azevedo Araujo & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2007.
"A structural economic dynamics approach to balance-of-payments-constrained growth,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(5), pages 755-774, September.
- Ricardo Azevedo Araujo & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2006. "A Structural Economic Dynamics Approach To Balance-Of-Payments-Constrained Growth," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 119, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- José Antonio Ocampo, 2005. "Beyond Reforms : Structural Dynamics and Macroeconomic Vulnerability," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7378, Juni.
- Cimoli, Mario & Porcile, Gabriel & Primi, Annalisa & Vergara, Sebastián, 2005. "Cambio estructural, heterogeneidad productiva y tecnología en América Latina," Documentos de Proyectos 2800, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Krugman, Paul, 1989.
"Differences in income elasticities and trends in real exchange rates,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 1031-1046, May.
- Paul Krugman, 1988. "Differences In Income Elasticities and Trends in Real Exchange Rates," NBER Working Papers 2761, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sanjaya Lall, 2000. "The Technological Structure and Performance of Developing Country Manufactured Exports, 1985-98," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(3), pages 337-369.
- Mario Cimoli & Gabriel Porcile & Sebastián Rovira, 2010. "Structural change and the BOP-constraint: why did Latin America fail to converge?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(2), pages 389-411, March.
- Mario Cimoli & Gabriel Porcile, 2009. "Sources of learning paths and technological capabilities: an introductory roadmap of development processes," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(7), pages 675-694.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andres Kuusk & Karsten Staehr & Uku Varblane, 2017. "Sectoral change and labour productivity growth during boom, bust and recovery in Central and Eastern Europe," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 21-43, February.
- Martino, Roberto, 2015.
"Convergence and growth. Labour productivity dynamics in the European Union,"
Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 186-200.
- Roberto Martino, 2014. "Convergence and growth. Labour productivity dynamics in the European Union," Working Papers of BETA 2014-18, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Bogliacino, Francesco & Cardona, Sebastian Gómez, 2014. "Capabilities and investment in R&D: An analysis on European data," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 101-111.
- Arfat Ahmad Sofi & S. Raja Sethu Durai, 2016. "Income convergence in India: a nonparametric approach," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 23-40, February.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic development; Industries; International trade; Convergence (Economics); Technological innovations;
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O43 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Institutions and Growth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:rp2008-105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Siméon Rapin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.