Entrepreneurship, stages of development, and industrialization
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Acs, Zoltan J. & Wim Naudï¿½, 2011. "Entrepreneurship, Stages of Development, and Industrialization," WIDER Working Paper Series 080, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
References listed on IDEAS
- Jörg MAYER, 2004. "Industrialization In Developing Countries: Some Evidence From A New Economic Geography Perspective," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 174, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1991.
"The Allocation of Talent: Implications for Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 503-530.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1990. "The Allocation of Talent: Implicationsfor Growth," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 65, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1990. "The Allocation of Talent: Implications for Growth," NBER Working Papers 3530, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Murphy, Kevin M. & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1991. "The Allocation of Talent: Implications for Growth," Scholarly Articles 27692664, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Zoltan J. Acs & Bo Carlsson & Pontus Braunerhjelm & David B. Audretsch, "undated". "The Missing Link," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-08, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Wolfgang Keller, 2004. "International Technology Diffusion," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(3), pages 752-782, September.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Rodrik, Dani, 2003.
"Economic development as self-discovery,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 603-633, December.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Dani Rodrik, 2002. "Economic Development as Self-Discovery," NBER Working Papers 8952, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Rodrik, Dani, 2002. "Economic Development as Self-Discovery," Working Paper Series rwp02-023, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Rodrik, Dani, 2002. "Economic Development as Self Discovery," CEPR Discussion Papers 3356, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Scott Shane, 2009. "Why encouraging more people to become entrepreneurs is bad public policy," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 141-149, August.
- Baumol, William J., 1996.
"Entrepreneurship: Productive, unproductive, and destructive,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 3-22, January.
- Baumol, William J, 1990. "Entrepreneurship: Productive, Unproductive, and Destructive," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 893-921, October.
- Coad, Alex & Rao, Rekha, 2008.
"Innovation and firm growth in high-tech sectors: A quantile regression approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 633-648, May.
- Alex Coad & Rekha Rao, 2006. "Innovation and Firm Growth in High-Tech Sectors: A Quantile Regression Approach," LEM Papers Series 2006/18, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Alex Coad & Rekha Rao, 2007. "Innovation and Firm Growth in High-Tech Sectors: A Quantile Regression Approach," Open Discussion Papers in Economics 57, The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics.
- André van Stel & Jolanda Hessels & F. Stam & Kashifa Suddle, 2006.
"High growth entrepreneurs, public policies and economic growth,"
Scales Research Reports
H200608, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Erik Stam & Kashifa Suddle & S. Jolanda A. Hessels & Andre van Stel, 2007. "High Growth Entrepreneurs, Public Policies and Economic Growth," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-019, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Poh Wong & Yuen Ho & Erkko Autio, 2005. "Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Economic Growth: Evidence from GEM data," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 335-350, January.
- Erol Taymaz & Yeşim Üçdoğruk, 2009. "Overcoming the double hurdles to investing in technology," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 109-128, June.
- Naude, Wim & Santos-Paulino, Amelia U. & McGillivray, Mark, 2008. "Fragile States," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ana I. Moreno-Monroy & Shu Yu & Victoria Euse, 2016.
"Urban Employment in Small Businesses and the Level of Economic Development: Evidence from Chinese Cities,"
Growth and Change,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 53-71, March.
- Moreno Monroy, Ana I. & Yu, Shu & Euse, Victoria, 2015. "Urban Employment in Small Businesses and the Level of Economic Development: Evidence from Chinese Cities," Working Papers 2072/254304, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Naude, Wim & Nagler, Paula, 2015. "Industrialisation, Innovation, Inclusion," MERIT Working Papers 043, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
More about this item
Keywordsentrepreneurship; industrialization; structural change; industrial policy; innovation; development;
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
- L53 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Enterprise Policy
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-SBM-2012-04-23 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:unumer:2012021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ad Notten). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/meritnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.