Importance of Technological Innovation for SME Growth - Evidence from India
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- M. H. Bala Subrahmanya & M. Mathirajan & K. N. Krishnaswamy, 2010. "Importance of Technological Innovation for SME Growth: Evidence from India," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2010-003, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
References listed on IDEAS
- Coad, Alex & Rao, Rekha, 2008.
"Innovation and firm growth in high-tech sectors: A quantile regression approach,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 633-648, May.
- Alex Coad & Rekha Rao, 2006. "Innovation and Firm Growth in High-Tech Sectors: A Quantile Regression Approach," LEM Papers Series 2006/18, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Alex Coad & Rekha Rao, 2007. "Innovation and Firm Growth in High-Tech Sectors: A Quantile Regression Approach," Open Discussion Papers in Economics 57, The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Rick Delbridge & Tim Edwards & Max Munday, 2001. "Linking Innovative Potential to SME Performance: An Assessment of Enterprises in Industrial South Wales," ERSA conference papers ersa01p135, European Regional Science Association.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gabriele Santoro & Alberto Ferraris & Elisa Giacosa & Guido Giovando, 2018. "How SMEs Engage in Open Innovation: a Survey," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 9(2), pages 561-574, June.
- Dr. Arif Anjum, 2018. "Impact of Technology Adoption on the Performance of Small and Medium Enterprises in India," The Journal of Social Sciences Research, Academic Research Publishing Group, pages 857-867:5.
- Mohamed Ramadan A. Rezk & Haiam Helmy Ibrahim & Amr Radwan & Mahmoud M. Sakr & Manuela Tvaronavičienė & Manuela Tvaronavičienė & Leonardo Piccinetti, 2016. "Innovation magnitude of manufacturing industry in Egypt with particular focus on SMEs," Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, VsI Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Center, vol. 3(4), pages 307-318, June.
- Erind Hoti & Gentian Hoxhalli, 2015. "From demand-pull and technology-push innovations, towards knowledge-based innovation systems. Evidence from Albanian small and medium enterprises," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 2805365, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Raza Ur Rahman & Syed Mohsin Ali Shah & Hatem El-Gohary & Muzaffar Abbas & Syed Haider Khalil & Saad Al Altheeb & Fahad Sultan, 2020. "Social Media Adoption and Financial Sustainability: Learned Lessons from Developing Countries," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(24), pages 1-26, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bala Subrahmanya, M. H. & Mathirajan, M. & Krishnaswamy, K. N., 2010.
"Importance of Technological Innovation for SME Growth - Evidence from India,"
MERIT Working Papers
007, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Bala Subrahmanya, M. H. & Mathirajan, M. & Krishnaswamy, K. N., 2010. "Importance of Technological Innovation for SME Growth: Evidence from India," WIDER Working Paper Series 003, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Cowling, Marc & Ughetto, Elisa & Lee, Neil, 2018.
"The innovation debt penalty: Cost of debt, loan default, and the effects of a public loan guarantee on high-tech firms,"
Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 166-176.
- Cowling, Marc & Ughetto, Elisa & Lee, Neil, 2018. "The innovation debt penalty: cost of debt, loan default, and the effects of a public loan guarantee on high-tech firms," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 81337, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Dimelis, Sophia & Giotopoulos, Ioannis & Louri, Helen, 2015.
"Can firms grow without credit?: evidence from the Euro Area, 2005-2011: a quantile panel analysis,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
61157, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Sophia Dimelis, Ioannis Giotopoulos and Helen Louri, 2015. "Can Firms Grow Without Credit? Evidence from the Euro Area, 2005-2011: A Quantile Panel Analysis," GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 89, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Ullah, Barkat, 2021. "Does innovation explain the performance gap between privatized and private firms?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 113(C).
- Keun-Seob Choi & Jeong-Dong Lee & Chulwoo Baek, 2016. "Growth of De Alio and De Novo firms in the new and renewable energy industry," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(4), pages 295-312, May.
- Z. Jun Lin & Shengqiang Liu & Fangcheng Sun, 2017. "The Impact of Financing Constraints and Agency Costs on Corporate R&D Investment: Evidence from China," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 17(1), pages 3-42, March.
- -, 2017. "La Encuesta Nacional de Dinámica de Empleo e Innovación (ENDEI) como herramienta de análisis: la innovación y el empleo en la industria manufacturera argentina," Documentos de Proyectos 42490, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Fougère, D. & Golfier, C. & Horny, G. & Kremp, E., 2013. "What has been the impact of the 2008 crisis on firms’ default? (in French)," Working papers 463, Banque de France.
- Emma Tredgett-TEST & Alex Coad, 2015. "The shaky start of the UK Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) in Comparison to the US Small Business Innovation Research Programme (SBIR)," Management Working Papers 10, Birkbeck Department of Management, revised Jun 2015.
- Stefano Bianchini & Giulio Bottazzi & Federico Tamagni, 2017.
"What does (not) characterize persistent corporate high-growth?,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 633-656, March.
- Stefano Bianchini & Giulio Bottazzi & Federico Tamagni, 2017. "What does (not) characterize persistent corporate high-growth?," Post-Print hal-02166824, HAL.
- Francesco Quatraro & Marco Vivarelli, 2015.
"Drivers of Entrepreneurship and Post-entry Performance of Newborn Firms in Developing Countries,"
World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 30(2), pages 277-305.
- Quatraro, Francesco & Vivarelli, Marco, 2013. "Drivers of Entrepreneurship and Post-Entry Performance of Newborn Firms in Developing Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 7436, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Francesco Quatraro & Marco Vivarelli, 2015. "Drivers of entrepreneurship and post-entry performance of newborn firms in developing countries," Post-Print hal-01071511, HAL.
- Quatraro, Francesco & Vivarelli, Marco, 2014. "Drivers of entrepreneurship and post-entry performance of newborn firms in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7074, The World Bank.
- Cassini, Lorenzo & Robert, Verónica, 2017. "Oportunidad versus complejidad en los procesos de aprendizaje: criterios para clasificación de sectores según los atributos de los regímenes sectoriales de innovación," Documentos de Proyectos 44135, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Duschl, Matthias & Schimke, Antje & Brenner, Thomas & Luxen, Dennis, 2011. "Firm growth and the spatial impact of geolocated external factors: Empirical evidence for German manufacturing firms," Working Paper Series in Economics 36, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Management.
- Chei Bukari & Emm anuel Atta Anaman, 0. "Corruption and firm innovation: a grease or sand in the wheels of commerce? Evidence from lower-middle and upper-middle income economies," Eurasian Business Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 0, pages 1-36.
- Bernat, Gonzalo, 2017. "Innovación en la industria manufacturera argentina durante la post convertibilidad," Documentos de Proyectos 44132, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Mario BENASSI & Matteo LANDONI & Francesco RENTOCCHINI, 2017. "University Management Practices and Academic Spin-offs," Departmental Working Papers 2017-11, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Alessandra Colombelli & Jackie Krafft & Francesco Quatraro, 2015. "Eco-innovation and Firm Growth: Do Green Gazelles Run Faster? Microeconometric Evidence from a Sample of European Firms. WWWforEurope Working Paper No. 88," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 57897, December.
- Coad, Alex & Segarra, Agustí & Teruel, Mercedes, 2016.
"Innovation and firm growth: Does firm age play a role?,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 387-400.
- Coad, Alex & Segarra Blasco, Agustí, 1958- & Teruel, Mercedes, 2013. "Innovation and firm growth: Does firm age play a role?," Working Papers 2072/211886, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Krafft Jackie & Quatraro Francesco & Colombelli Alessandra, 2011.
"High Growth Firms and Technological Knowledge: Do gazelles follow exploration or exploitation strategies?,"
Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio
201114, University of Turin.
- Alessandra Colombelli & Jackie Krafft & Francesco Quatraro, 2014. "High Growth Firms and Technological Knowledge: Do gazelles follow exploration or exploitation strategies?," Post-Print hal-00666707, HAL.
- Alessandra Colombelli & Jackie Krafft & Francesco Quatraro, 2014. "High-growth firms and technological knowledge: do gazelles follow exploration or exploitation strategies?," Post-Print hal-01070569, HAL.
- Dendi Ramdani & Arjen Witteloostuijn & Johanna Vanderstraeten & Julie Hermans & Marcus Dejardin, 2019. "The perceived benefits of the European Union standardization. An exploration according to firm size and firm capabilities," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 379-396, April.
More about this item
Keywordstechnological innovations; sales growth; auto components; electronics; machine tools; Bangalore;
All these keywords.
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2010-04-17 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-INO-2010-04-17 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2010-04-17 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-TID-2010-04-17 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:unumer:2010007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ad Notten). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/meritnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.