Risk allocation under liquidity constraints
Risk allocation games are cooperative games that are used to attribute the risk of a financial entity to its divisions. In this paper, we extend the literature on risk allocation games by incorporating liquidity considerations. A liquidity policy specifies state-dependent liquidity requirements that a portfolio should obey. To comply with the liquidity policy, a financial entity may have to liquidate part of its assets, which is costly. The definition of a risk allocation game under liquidity constraints is not straight-forward, since the presence of a liquidity policy leads to externalities. We argue that the standard worst case approach should not be used here and present an alternative definition. We show that the resulting class of transferable utility games coincides with the class of totally balanced games. It follows from our results that also when taking liquidity considerations into account there is always a stable way to allocate
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht|
Phone: +31 (0)43 38 83 830
Web page: http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Homburg, Carsten & Scherpereel, Peter, 2008. "How should the cost of joint risk capital be allocated for performance measurement?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(1), pages 208-227, May.
- Carlo Acerbi & Giacomo Scandolo, 2008. "Liquidity risk theory and coherent measures of risk," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(7), pages 681-692.
- Michael Kalkbrener, 2005. "An Axiomatic Approach To Capital Allocation," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 425-437.
- Csoka, Peter & Herings, P. Jean-Jacques & Koczy, Laszlo A., 2007.
"Coherent measures of risk from a general equilibrium perspective,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 2517-2534, August.
- Csóka, Péter & Herings, P. Jean-Jacques & Kóczy, László Á., 2006. "Coherent Measures of Risk from a General Equilibrium Perspective," Research Memorandum 016, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Péter Csóka & Jean-Jacques Herings & László Kóczy, 2006. "Coherent Measures of Risk from a General Equilibrium Perspective," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0611, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, revised 30 Aug 2006.
- Umut Çetin & Robert A. Jarrow & Philip Protter, 2008. "Liquidity risk and arbitrage pricing theory," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 8, pages 153-183 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Umut Çetin & Robert Jarrow & Philip Protter, 2004. "Liquidity risk and arbitrage pricing theory," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 311-341, 08.
- Csóka, Péter & Herings, P. Jean-Jacques & Kóczy, László Á., 2009. "Stable allocations of risk," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 266-276, September.
- Péter Csóka & P. Jean-Jacques Herings & László Á. Kóczy, 2007. "Stable Allocations of Risk," Working Paper Series 0802, Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management, revised Apr 2008.
- Peter Csoka & P. Jean-Jacques Herings, & Laszlo A. Koczy, 2007. "Stable Allocations of Risk," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0704, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Kim, Joseph H.T. & Hardy, Mary R., 2009. "A capital allocation based on a solvency exchange option," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 357-366, June.
- Predtetchinski, Arkadi & Jean-Jacques Herings, P., 2004. "A necessary and sufficient condition for non-emptiness of the core of a non-transferable utility game," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 84-92, May.
- Herings P. Jean-Jacques & Predtetchinski Arkadi, 2002. "A Necessary and Sufficient Condition for Non--emptiness of the Core of a Non--transferable Utility Game," Research Memorandum 016, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Buch, A. & Dorfleitner, G., 2008. "Coherent risk measures, coherent capital allocations and the gradient allocation principle," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 235-242, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:umagsb:2013057. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Leonne Portz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.