Thirty years of economic growth in Africa
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Eifert, Benn & Gelb, Alan & Ramachandran, Vijaya, 2008. "The Cost of Doing Business in Africa: Evidence from Enterprise Survey Data," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 1531-1546, September.
- Susanto Basu & David N. Weil, 1998. "Appropriate Technology and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(4), pages 1025-1054.
- Rodrik, Dani, 2014. "An African Growth Miracle?," CEPR Discussion Papers 10005, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert M. Solow, 1956. "A Contribution to the Theory of Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(1), pages 65-94.
- Tarek M Harchaouia & Murat ÃœngÃ¶rb, 2018.
"The Lion on the Move Towards the World Frontier: Catching Up or Remaining Stuck?,"
Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 27(3), pages 366-366.
- Tarek M Harchaoui & Murat ÃœngÃ¶r, 2018. "The Lion on the Move Towards the World Frontier: Catching Up or Remaining Stuck?," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 27(3), pages 251-273.
- Murat Ungor & Tarek M. Harchaoui, 2016. "The Lion on the Move Towards the World Frontier: Catching Up or Remaining Stuck?," Working Papers 1601, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2016.
- Chicoine, Luke, 2012.
"AIDS mortality and its effect on the labor market: Evidence from South Africa,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 256-269.
- Chicoine, Luke, 2012. "AIDS Mortality and its Effect on the Labor Market: Evidence from South Africa," MPRA Paper 100560, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Jonathan Temple, 2006. "Aggregate Production Functions and Growth Economics," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 301-317.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
More about this item
KeywordsAfrica; Development; Growth Accounting; Dynamic Stochastic Frontiers;
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2019-01-28 (Africa)
- NEP-DEV-2019-01-28 (Development)
- NEP-GRO-2019-01-28 (Economic Growth)
- NEP-HIS-2019-01-28 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unl:novafr:wp1802. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Susana Lopes). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feunlpt.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.