Social Hierarchies and Public Distribution of Food in Rural India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Reetika Khera, 2011. "India's Public Distribution System: Utilisation and Impact," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(7), pages 1038-1060.
- Basole, Amit & Basu, Deepankar, 2015. "Fuelling Calorie Intake Decline: Household-Level Evidence from Rural India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 82-95.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rahul Anand & Naresh Kumar & Volodymyr Tulin, 2016. "Understanding India’s Food Inflation; The Role of Demand and Supply Factors," IMF Working Papers 2016/002, International Monetary Fund.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Carpena, Fenella, 2019.
"How do droughts impact household food consumption and nutritional intake? A study of rural India,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 349-369.
- Fenella Carpena, 2019. "How Do Droughts Impact Household Food Consumption and Nutritional Intake? A Study of Rural India," Working Papers 201802, Oslo Metropolitan University, Oslo Business School.
- Jha, Raghbendra & Gaiha, Raghav & Pandey, Manoj K. & Kaicker, Nidhi, 2013.
"Food subsidy, income transfer and the poor: A comparative analysis of the public distribution system in India's states,"
Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 887-908.
- Raghbendra Jha & Raghav Gaiha & Manoj K. Pandey & Nidhi Kaicker, 2011. "Food Subsidy, Income Transfer and the Poor: A Comparative Analysis of the Public Distribution System in India's States," ASARC Working Papers 2011-16, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Brockhaus, Jan & Kalkuhl, Matthias & Kozicka, Marta, 2016. "What Drives India’s Rice Stocks? Empirical Evidence," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235659, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Sudha Narayanan Narayanan & Nicolas Gerber, 2016. "Safety Nets for Food and Nutritional Security in India," FOODSECURE Working papers 37, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Sudha Narayanan & Nicolas Gerber, 2015.
"Social safety nets for food and nutritional security in India,"
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers
2015-031, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Sudha Narayanan, 2016. "Social Safety Nets for Food and Nutritional Security in India," Working Papers id:8758, eSocialSciences.
- Narayanan, Sudha & Gerber, Nicolas, 2016. "Social Safety Nets for Food and Nutritional Security in India," Working Papers 229611, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Reetika Khera, 2011. "Trends in Diversion of PDS Grain," Working Papers id:3793, eSocialSciences.
- Mukesh & Neha Srivastava, 2017. "Impact of Socio-Economic factors on Consumption Expenditure through Public Distribution System in rural India," Journal of Quantitative Economics, Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 15(2), pages 291-305, June.
- Sudha Narayanan & Nicolas Gerber & Udayan Rathore & Karthikeya Naraparaju, 2017.
"Can Social Safety Nets Protect Public Health? The Effect of India's Workfare and Foodgrain Subsidy Programmes on Anaemia,"
- Narayanan, Sudha & Gerger, Nicolas & Rathore, Udayan & Naraparaju, Karthikeya, 2017. "Can social safety nets protect public health? The effect of India’s workfare and foodgrain subsidy programmes on anaemia," Discussion Papers 264342, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Sudha Narayanan & Nicolas Gerber & Udayan Rathore & Karthikeya Naraparaju, 2017. "Can social safety nets protect public health? The effect of India's workfare and foodgrain subsidy programmes on anaemia," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2017-021, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Andaleeb Rahman, 2014. "Revival of rural PDS: Expansion and outreach," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2014-012, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Carly Nichols, 2017. "Millets, milk and maggi: contested processes of the nutrition transition in rural India," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 34(4), pages 871-885, December.
- Lentz, Erin C. & Barrett, Christopher B., 2013.
"The economics and nutritional impacts of food assistance policies and programs,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 151-163.
- Lentz, Erin C. & Barrett, Christopher B., 2013. "The economics and nutritional impacts of food assistance policies and programs," ESA Working Papers 288988, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Agricultural Development Economics Division (ESA).
- Wusheng Yu & Jayatilleke Bandara, 2017.
"India's Grain Security Policy in the Era of High Food Prices: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(8), pages 1547-1568, August.
- Yu, Wusheng & Bandara, Jayatilleke S., 2014. "India’s grain security policy in the era of high food prices: a computable general equilibrium analysis," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182694, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Yu, Wusheng & Bandara, Jayatilleke S, 2015. "India’s Grain Security Policy in the Era of High Food Prices: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211863, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Biswabhusan Bhuyan & Bimal Kishore Sahoo & Damodar Suar, 2020. "Quantile Regression Analysis of Predictors of Calorie Demand in India: An Implication for Sustainable Development Goals," Journal of Quantitative Economics, Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 18(4), pages 825-859, December.
- Nwanakwere, Justine & Ogwumike, Fidelis, 2019. "Non-Food Poverty Differential Across Urban/Rural and Geo-political Zones in Nigeria," MPRA Paper 101457, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 29 Jun 2020.
- Bhagowalia, Priya, 2020. "Impact of Conditional Cash Transfers on Health and Nutrition," MPRA Paper 97972, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marta Kozicka & Regine Weber & Matthias Kalkuhl, 2016. "Public Distribution System vs. Market: Analysis of Wheat and Rice Consumption in India," FOODSECURE Working papers 40, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Jumrani, Jaya, 2017. "Inter-temporal and Spatial Changes in Nutritional Insecurity in India," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 30(2).
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Debraj Ray & Şevin Yeltekin, 2015. "Poverty and Self‐Control," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 83(5), pages 1877-1911, September.
- Raghbendra Jha & Simrit Kaur & Raghav Gaiha & Manoj K. Pandey, 2012. "NREGS and TPDS in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh: Complements or Substitutes?," ASARC Working Papers 2012-01, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Kumar, Anjani & Bantilan, M.C.S. & Kumar, Praduman & Kumar, Sant & Jee, Shiv, 2012. "Food Security in India: Trends, Patterns and Determinants," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 67(3), pages 1-19.
More about this item
Keywordspublic distribution system; India; development policy; food security;
All these keywords.
- O2 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-09-08 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ums:papers:2014-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Daniele Girardi). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deumaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.