Privatization of a tourism event: Do attendees perceive it as a risky cultural lottery?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Giuseppe Attanasi & Francesco Passarelli & Giulia Urso & Hana Cosic, 2019. "Privatization of a Tourism Event: Do Attendees Perceive it as a Risky Cultural Lottery?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(9), pages 1-16, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Attanasi, Giuseppe & Casoria, Fortuna & Centorrino, Samuele & Urso, Giulia, 2013.
"Cultural investment, local development and instantaneous social capital: A case study of a gathering festival in the South of Italy,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 228-247.
- Attanasi, Giuseppe Marco & Casoria, Fortuna & Centorrino, Samuele & Urso, Giulia, 2012. "Cultural investment, local development and instantaneous social capital: A case study of a gathering festival in the South of Italy," TSE Working Papers 12-291, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Attanasi, Giuseppe & Casoria, Fortuna & Centorrino, Samuele & Urso, Giulia, 2012. "Cultural investment, local development and instantaneous social capital: A case study of a gathering festival in the South of Italy," LERNA Working Papers 12.04.361, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Luigi Guiso & Monica Paiella, 2008.
"Risk Aversion, Wealth, and Background Risk,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 6(6), pages 1109-1150, December.
- Guiso, Luigi & Paiella, Monica, 2001. "Risk Aversion, Wealth and Background Risk," CEPR Discussion Papers 2728, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Monica Paiella & Luigi Guiso, 2004. "Risk Aversion, Wealth and Background Risk," 2004 Meeting Papers 525, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Luigi Guiso & Monica Paiella, 2007. "Risk Aversion, Wealth, and Background Risk," Economics Working Papers ECO2007/47, European University Institute.
- Luigi Guiso & Monica Paiella, 2003. "Risk Aversion, Wealth and Background Risk," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 483, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Glenn W. Harrison & Morten I. Lau & E. Elisabet Rutström, 2007.
"Estimating Risk Attitudes in Denmark: A Field Experiment,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 109(2), pages 341-368, June.
- Glenn Harrison & Morten Lau & Elisabet Rutstrom, 2004. "Estimating risk attitudes in denmark: A field experiment," Artefactual Field Experiments 00059, The Field Experiments Website.
- Giuseppe Attanasi & Stefania Bortolotti & Simona Cicognani & Antonio Filippin, 2017. "The drunk side of trust: Social capital generation at gathering events," Working Papers of BETA 2017-21, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Mark Morrison & David John Dowell, 2015. "Sense of Place and Willingness to Pay: Complementary Concepts When Evaluating Contributions of Cultural Resources to Regional Communities," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(8), pages 1374-1386, August.
- Polyzou, E. & Jones, N. & Evangelinos, K.I. & Halvadakis, C.P., 2011. "Willingness to pay for drinking water quality improvement and the influence of social capital," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 74-80, February.
- Eva Camacho-Cuena & Aurora García-Gallego & Nikolaos Georgantzís & Gerardo Sabater-Grande, 2004. "An Experimental Validation of Hypothetical WTP for a Recyclable Product," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 27(3), pages 313-335, March.
- Keith Acheson & Christopher Maule & Elizabet Filleul, 1996.
"Cultural entrepreneurship and the Banff Television Festival,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 20(4), pages 321-339, December.
- Keith Acheson & christopher Maule & E. Filleul, 1996. "Cultural Entrepreneurship and the Banff Television Festival," Carleton Industrial Organization Research Unit (CIORU) 97-02, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Georgantzís, Nikolaos & Navarro-Martínez, Daniel, 2010. "Understanding the WTA-WTP gap: Attitudes, feelings, uncertainty and personality," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 895-907, December.
- Camacho-Cuena, Eva & Garcia-Gallego, Aurora & Georgantzis, Nikolaos & Sabater-Grande, Gerardo, 2003. "An experimental test of response consistency in contingent valuation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2-3), pages 167-182, December.
More about this item
KeywordsCultural events; festival ownership; cultural tourism; motivated tourist; risk aversion; willingness to pay; instantaneous social capital.;
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ulp:sbbeta:2016-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bestrfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.