Military Procurement, Industry Structure and Regional Conflict
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- García-Alonso, María D.C. & Levine, Paul, 2008.
"Strategic procurement, openness and market structure,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1180-1190, September.
- Maria Garcia-Alonso & Paul Levine, 2004. "Strategic Procurement, Openness and Market Structure," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0904, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Maria del Carmen Garcia-Alonso & Paul Levine, 2005. "Strategic Procurement, Openness and Market Structure," Studies in Economics 0503, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Mary Carmen Garcia-Alonso, 1999. "Price competition in a model of arms trade," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 273-303.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Stergios Skaperdas, 1996. "Contest success functions (*)," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 7(2), pages 283-290.
- Levine, Paul & Smith, Ron, 2000. "The Arms Trade Game: From Laissez-Faire to a Common Defence Policy," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(2), pages 357-380, April.
- Garfinkel, M.R. & Skaperdas, S., 2000.
"Conflict without Misperceptions or Incomplete Information: how the Future Matters,"
99-00-11, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- Michelle R Garfinkel & Stergios Skaperdas, 2001. "Conflict Without Misperceptions or Incomplete Information: How the Future Matters," Levine's Working Paper Archive 563824000000000011, David K. Levine.
- Benassy, Jean-Pascal, 1996. "Taste for variety and optimum production patterns in monopolistic competition," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 41-47, July.
- Beath,John & Katsoulacos,Yannis, 1991. "The Economic Theory of Product Differentiation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521335263, March.
- Skaperdas, Stergios, 1991. "Conflict and Attitudes toward Risk," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 116-120, May.
- J Paul Dunne & Maria Garcia Alonso & Paul Levine & Ron Smith, 2003. "Concentration in the International Arms Industry¤," Working Papers 0301, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Javier Coto-Martínez & María D. C. García-Alonso & Paul Levine, 2009.
"Taste For Variety And Optimum Product Diversity In An Open Economy,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 127-138, April.
- Javier Coto-Martinez & Maria del Carmen Garcia-Alonso & Paul Levine, 2005. "Taste for Variety and Optimum Product Diversity in an Open Economy," Studies in Economics 0508, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Gangopadhyay Partha, 2014. "A Formal Model of Arms Market with Cash-for-Favours," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 20(3), pages 1-18, August.
More about this item
Keywordsmilitary procurement; market structure; arms trade; arms races;
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- H56 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - National Security and War
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-03-06 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ukc:ukcedp:0502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tracey Girling). General contact details of provider: http://www.kent.ac.uk/economics/ .