Imported Inflation in South Africa: An Empirical Study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ramon Moreno, 1989. "Exchange rates and trade adjustment in Taiwan and Korea," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Spr, pages 30-48.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1997.
"The Time-Varying NAIRU and Its Implications for Economic Policy,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 11-32, Winter.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1996. "The Time-Varying NAIRU and its Implications for Economic Policy," NBER Working Papers 5735, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon, Robert J, 1996. "The Time-varying NAIRU and its Implications for Economic Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 1492, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y. & Smith, R. J., 1996. "Testing for the 'Existence of a Long-run Relationship'," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9622, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- P. J. Mohr, 1986. "The De Kock Commission and Inflation," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 54(1), pages 14-24, March.
- Razzak, W., 1997. "The Hodrick-Prescott technique: A smoother versus a filter: An application to New Zealand GDP," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 163-168, December.
- Douglas Laxton & Peter B. Clark & David Rose, 1995. "Asymmetry in the U.S. Output-Inflation Nexus; Issues and Evidence," IMF Working Papers 95/76, International Monetary Fund.
- Pesaran, H. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 1998.
"Generalized impulse response analysis in linear multivariate models,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 17-29, January.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y., 1997. "Generalised Impulse Response Analysis in Linear Multivariate Models," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9710, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- P. D. F. Strydom & L. Steenkamp, 1976. "Inflation in South Africa II: Aggregate Demand and Price Expectations," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 44(4), pages 266-277, December.
- Argy, Victor, 1970. "Structural Inflation in Developing Countries," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 73-85, March.
- Dwyer, Jacqueline & Lam, Ricky, 1995. "The Two Stages of Exchange Rate Pass-Through: Implications for Inflation," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(65), pages 157-179, December.
- Brian Kahn & Ashok Parikh, 1998. "Does purchasing power parity survive political shocks in South Africa?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 134(1), pages 99-116, March.
- D.J J. Botha, 1997. "The South African Reserve Bank and the Rate of Interest," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 65(4), pages 247-262, December.
- Menon, Jayant, 1996. "The Degree and Determinants of Exchange Rate Pass-through: Market Structure, Non-tariff Barriers and Multinational Corporations," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(435), pages 434-444, March.
- Andrew J. Filardo, 1998. "New evidence on the output cost of fighting inflation," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q III.
- Osterwald-Lenum, Michael, 1992. "A Note with Quantiles of the Asymptotic Distribution of the Maximum Likelihood Cointegration Rank Test Statistics," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 461-472, August.
- Harvey, A C & Jaeger, A, 1993. "Detrending, Stylized Facts and the Business Cycle," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(3), pages 231-247, July-Sept.
- G.L. Wet, 1995. "The Prognosis for Growth and Development in South Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 63(4), pages 263-270, December.
- Edmund S. Phelps, 1968. "Money-Wage Dynamics and Labor-Market Equilibrium," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 678-678.
- Menon, Jayant, 1995. " Exchange Rate Pass-Through," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 197-231, June.
- Dwyer, Jacqueline & Kent, Christopher & Pease, Andrew, 1994. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through: Testing the Small Country Assumption for Australia," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 70(211), pages 408-423, December.
- Guy Debelle & Douglas Laxton, 1997.
"Is the Phillips Curve Really a Curve? Some Evidence for Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 44(2), pages 249-282, June.
- Douglas Laxton & Guy Debelle, 1996. "Is the Phillips Curve Really a Curve? Some Evidence for Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States," IMF Working Papers 96/111, International Monetary Fund.
- Jayant Menon, 1993. "Exchange Rates, Import Prices, And The Macroeconomy," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 12(1), pages 37-48, March.
- Lipsey, R G & Parkin, J M, 1970. "Incomes Policy: A Re-appraisal," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 37(146), pages 115-138, May.
- D. Schimulow* & Lorraine Greyling, 1996. "Monetary Policy in the New South Africa: Economic and Political Constraints," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 64(3), pages 158-167, September.
- Koop, Gary & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Potter, Simon M., 1996. "Impulse response analysis in nonlinear multivariate models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 119-147, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lawrence Edwards & Robert Lawrence, 2006. "South African Trade Policy Matters: Trade Performance & Trade Policy," CID Working Papers 135, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- repec:lrc:lareco:v:5:y:2017:i:5:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lawrence Edwards & Robert Z. Lawrence, 2006. "South African Trade Policy Matters: Trade Performance and Trade Policy," NBER Working Papers 12760, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tapiwa d. Karoro & Meshach j. Aziakpono & Nicolette Cattaneo, 2009.
"Exchange Rate Pass-Through To Import Prices In South Africa: Is There Asymmetry?,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(3), pages 380-398, September.
- T D Karoro & M J Aziakpono & N Cattaneo, 2008. "Exchange rate pass-through to import prices in South Africa: Is there asymmetry?," Working Papers 79, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- repec:spt:admaec:v:7:y:2017:i:6:f:7_6_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edwards, Lawrence J & Garlick, Robert, 2008. "Trade flows and the exchange rate in South Africa," MPRA Paper 36666, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsImported inflation; Import Pass-through; Exchange rate; Phillips curve;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ukc:ukcedp:0005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tracey Girling). General contact details of provider: http://www.kent.ac.uk/economics/ .