Computer applications in the context of financial speculation
Prediction of various market indicators is an important issue in finance. This can be accomplished through computer models and related applications to finance, and in particular through Artificial Neural Networks (ANNs) which have been used in stock market prediction and exchange rates during the last decade. The prediction of financial values (such as stock/exchange rate index as well as daily direction of change in the index) with neural networks has been investigated and, in some applications, it turned out that artificial neural networks have both great advantages and some limitations for learning the data patterns and predicting future values of the financial phenomenon under analysis. In this paper we analyze the particular financial market called FOREX and the way ANNs can make affordable predictions on the evolution of exchange rates between currencies.
|Date of creation:||May 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Largo Papa Giovanni Paolo II, 1 -71100- Foggia (I)|
Web page: http://www.economia.unifg.it
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Don Bredin & Stuart Hyde, 2004.
"FOREX Risk: Measurement and Evaluation Using Value-at-Risk,"
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(9-10), pages 1389-1417.
- Bredin, Don & Hyde, Stuart, 2002. "Forex Risk: Measurement and Evaluation using Value-at-Risk," Research Technical Papers 6/RT/02, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Jorion, Philippe & Sweeney, Richard J., 1996. "Mean reversion in real exchange rates: evidence and implications for forecasting," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 535-550, August.
- Moore, Michael J. & Roche, Maurice J., 2002. "Less of a puzzle: a new look at the forward forex market," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 387-411, December.
- Maurice J. Roche & Michael J. Moore, "undated". "Less of a puzzle: a new look at the forward forex market," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Maurice J. Roche & Michael J. Moore, 1999. "Less of a puzzle: a new look at the forward forex market," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n910799, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ufg:qdsems:02-2012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luca Grilli)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.