Report NEP-FOR-2012-07-23This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Snowberg, Erik & Wolfers, Justin & Zitzewitz, Eric, 2012. "Prediction Markets for Economic Forecasting," CEPR Discussion Papers 9059, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Wickens, Michael R., 2012. "How Useful are DSGE Macroeconomic Models for Forecasting?," CEPR Discussion Papers 9049, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lutz Kilian & Robert J. Vigfusson, 2012. "Do oil prices help forecast U.S. real GDP? the role of nonlinearities and asymmetries," International Finance Discussion Papers 1050, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Erik Snowberg & Justin Wolfers & Eric Zitzewitz, 2012. "Prediction Markets for Economic Forecasting," NBER Working Papers 18222, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pierdzioch, Christian & Rülke, Jan Christoph & Stadtmann, Georg, 2012. "Housing starts in Canada, Japan, and the United States: Do forecasters herd?," Discussion Papers 320, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Makram El-Shagi & Sebastian Giesen & A. Jung, 2012. "Does Central Bank Staff Beat Private Forecasters?," IWH Discussion Papers 5, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Korte, Niko, 2012. "Predictive power of confidence indicators for the Russian economy," BOFIT Discussion Papers 15/2012, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Martin-Rodriguez, Gloria & Caceres-Hernandez, Jose Juan, 2012. "Forecasting weekly Canary tomato exports from annual surface data," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126364, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lorenzo Bencivelli & Massimiliano Marcellino & Gianluca Moretti, 2012. "Selecting predictors by using Bayesian model averaging in bridge models," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 872, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Wong, Shirly Siew-Ling & Puah, Chin-Hong & Abu Mansor, Shazali & Liew, Venus Khim-Sen, 2012. "Early warning indicator of economic vulnerability," MPRA Paper 39944, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A. Debòn & S. Haberman & F. Montes & E. Otranto, 2012. "Model effect on projected mortality indicators," Working Paper CRENoS 201215, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Nektarios Aslanidis & Charlotte Christiansen, 2012. "Quantiles of the Realized Stock-Bond Correlation and Links to the Macroeconomy," CREATES Research Papers 2012-34, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Crescenzio Gallo & Michelangelo De Bonis & Pierpaolo Palazzo, 2012. "Computer applications in the context of financial speculation," Quaderni DSEMS 02-2012, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Matematiche e Statistiche, Universita' di Foggia.