Strategic Pricing, Lifespan Choices and Environmental Implications of Peer-to-Peer Sharing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vandermerwe, Sandra & Rada, Juan, 1988. "Servitization of business: Adding value by adding services," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 314-324, December.
- Tiefenbeck, Verena & Staake, Thorsten & Roth, Kurt & Sachs, Olga, 2013. "For better or for worse? Empirical evidence of moral licensing in a behavioral energy conservation campaign," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 160-171.
- Liran Einav & Chiara Farronato & Jonathan Levin, 2016.
Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 8(1), pages 615-635, October.
- Liran Einav & Chiara Farronato & Jonathan Levin, "undated". "Peer-to-Peer Markets," Discussion Papers 15-029, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Liran Einav & Chiara Farronato & Jonathan Levin, 2015. "Peer-to-Peer Markets," NBER Working Papers 21496, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Louise Laumann Kjaer & Daniela C. A. Pigosso & Monia Niero & Nynne Marie Bech & Tim C. McAloone, 2019. "Product/Service‐Systems for a Circular Economy: The Route to Decoupling Economic Growth from Resource Consumption?," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 23(1), pages 22-35, February.
- Arnold Tukker, 2004. "Eight types of product–service system: eight ways to sustainability? Experiences from SusProNet," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(4), pages 246-260, July.
- Dijkgraaf, Elbert & Vollebergh, Herman R.J., 2004.
"Burn or bury? A social cost comparison of final waste disposal methods,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3-4), pages 233-247, October.
- Elbert Dijkgraaf & Herman R.J. Vollebergh, 2003. "Burn or Bury? A Social Cost Comparison of Final Waste Disposal Methods," Working Papers 2003.46, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Jiyeon Jung & Yoonmo Koo, 2018. "Analyzing the Effects of Car Sharing Services on the Reduction of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(2), pages 1-17, February.
- Hans Verboven & Lise Vanherck, 2016. "The sustainability paradox of the sharing economy," NachhaltigkeitsManagementForum | Sustainability Management Forum, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 303-314, December.
- Baojun Jiang & Lin Tian, 2018. "Collaborative Consumption: Strategic and Economic Implications of Product Sharing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 64(3), pages 1171-1188, March.
- Trevor Zink & Roland Geyer, 2017. "Circular Economy Rebound," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 21(3), pages 593-602, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Johannes Matschewsky, 2019. "Unintended Circularity?—Assessing a Product-Service System for its Potential Contribution to a Circular Economy," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(10), pages 1-27, May.
- Emma Johnson & Andrius Plepys, 2021. "Product-Service Systems and Sustainability: Analysing the Environmental Impacts of Rental Clothing," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(4), pages 1-29, February.
- Friedrich A. Halstenberg & Kai Lindow & Rainer Stark, 2019. "Leveraging Circular Economy through a Methodology for Smart Service Systems Engineering," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(13), pages 1-36, June.
- Armaghan Chizaryfard & Paolo Trucco & Cali Nuur, 2021. "The transformation to a circular economy: framing an evolutionary view," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 475-504, April.
- Mohamad Kaddoura & Marianna Lena Kambanou & Anne-Marie Tillman & Tomohiko Sakao, 2019. "Is Prolonging the Lifetime of Passive Durable Products a Low-Hanging Fruit of a Circular Economy? A Multiple Case Study," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(18), pages 1-22, September.
- Carlos Galera-Zarco & José Antonio Campos, 2021. "Exploring Servitization in Industrial Construction: A Sustainable Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(14), pages 1-19, July.
- Siri Jagstedt & Magnus Persson, 2019. "Using Platform Strategies In The Development Of Integrated Product-Service Solutions," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 23(04), pages 1-36, May.
- David Opresnik & Maurizio Fiasché & Marco Taisch & Manuel Hirsch, 0. "An evolving fuzzy inference system for extraction of rule set for planning a product–service strategy," Information Technology and Management, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-17.
- Alberto de la Calle & Inmaculada Freije & Aitor Oyarbide, 2021. "Digital Product–Service Innovation and Sustainability: A Multiple-Case Study in the Capital Goods Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(11), pages 1-29, June.
- Rachel Greer & Timo Wirth & Derk Loorbach, 2023. "The Circular Decision-Making Tree: an Operational Framework," Circular Economy and Sustainability,, Springer.
- Vibhanshu Abhishek & Jose A. Guajardo & Zhe Zhang, 2021. "Business Models in the Sharing Economy: Manufacturing Durable Goods in the Presence of Peer-to-Peer Rental Markets," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 32(4), pages 1450-1469, December.
- Faridah Djellal & FaÃ¯z Gallouj, 2018.
"Services, service innovation and the ecological challenge,"
Chapters, in: Faïz Gallouj & Faridah Djellal (ed.), A Research Agenda for Service Innovation, chapter 2, pages 27-45,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Faridah Djellal & Faïz Gallouj, 2018. "Services, Service Innovation and the Ecological Challenge," Post-Print hal-01672570, HAL.
- Faridah Djellal & Faïz Gallouj, 2018. "Services, service innovation and the ecological challenge," Post-Print hal-02399269, HAL.
- Martinez, Veronica & Neely, Andy & Velu, Chander & Leinster-Evans, Stewart & Bisessar, Dav, 2017. "Exploring the journey to services," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 192(C), pages 66-80.
- Bernhard Dachs & Sabine Biege & Martin Borowiecki & Gunter Lay & Angela Jäger & Doris Schartinger, 2014. "Servitisation of European manufacturing: evidence from a large scale database," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 5-23, January.
- David Hidalgo-Carvajal & Ruth Carrasco-Gallego & Gustavo Morales-Alonso, 2021. "From Goods to Services and from Linear to Circular: The Role of Servitization’s Challenges and Drivers in the Shifting Process," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(8), pages 1-26, April.
- Li, Ai Qiang & Kumar, Maneesh & Claes, Björn & Found, Pauline, 2020. "The state-of-the-art of the theory on Product-Service Systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 222(C).
- Sehrish Atif, 2023. "Mapping circular economy principles and servitisation approach in business model canvas: an integrated literature review," Future Business Journal, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Julian T. M. Pinto & Manuel E. Morales & Mariia Fedoruk & Marina Kovaleva & Arnaud Diemer, 2019. "Servitization in Support of Sustainable Cities: What Are Steel’s Contributions and Challenges?," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(3), pages 1-18, February.
- Nancy Bocken & Lars Strupeit & Katherine Whalen & Julia Nußholz, 2019. "A Review and Evaluation of Circular Business Model Innovation Tools," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(8), pages 1-25, April.
- Green, Maxwell H. & Davies, Philip & Ng, Irene C.L., 2017. "Two strands of servitization: A thematic analysis of traditional and customer co-created servitization and future research directions," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 192(C), pages 40-53.
More about this item
Keywordspeer-to-peer sharing; environmental externalities; strategic pricing; strategic lifespan.;
All these keywords.
- D16 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Collaborative Consumption
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2022-06-27 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ENV-2022-06-27 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-PAY-2022-06-27 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
- NEP-URE-2022-06-27 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uea:ueaeco:2022-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/esueauk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Cara Liggins (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/esueauk.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.