Optimum Durability, Second-Hand Markets, and Planned Obsolescence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oliver Gürtler, 2009. "On pricing and protection of complementary products," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 209-223, November.
- Bruce W Hamilton & Mary Burke, 1996. "The Coase Conjecture in Continuous Time: Imperfect Durability Endogenous Durability and Aftermarkets," Economics Working Paper Archive 362, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Juan Ruiz, 2003. "Another Perspective on Planned obsolescence: is there really too much Innovation?," Industrial Organization 0302001, EconWPA.
- Kumar Jena, Sarat & Sarmah, S.P, 2014. "Price competition and co-operation in a duopoly closed-loop supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 346-360.
- Zu-Jun, Ma & Zhang, Nian & Dai, Ying & Hu, Shu, 2016. "Managing channel profits of different cooperative models in closed-loop supply chains," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 59(PB), pages 251-262.
- Geromichalos, Athanasios & Herrenbrueck, Lucas, 2016.
"The Strategic Determination of the Supply of Liquid Assets,"
71454, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Athanasios Geromichalos & Lucas Herrenbrueck, 2016. "The Strategic Determination of the Supply of Liquid Assets," Working Papers 161, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Kroger, S., 2003. "Behavioral aspects of bargaining and pricing," Other publications TiSEM 289a6042-f2cd-4cc6-b817-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Michael Perelman, 2006. "The neglect of replacement investment in keynesian economics," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 547-559.
- George Bitros, 2010. "The theorem of proportionality in contemporary capital theory: An assessment of its conceptual foundations," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 23(4), pages 367-401, December.
- Adriano Rampini, 2015. "Financing Durable Assets," 2015 Meeting Papers 915, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Pangburn, Michael S. & Stavrulaki, Euthemia, 2014. "Take back costs and product durability," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 238(1), pages 175-184.
- Anderson, Simon P. & Ginsburgh, Victor A., 1994.
"Price discrimination via second-hand markets,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 23-44, January.
- Simon P. Anderson & Victor Ginsburgh, 1994. "Price discrimination via second-hand markets," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1719, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- ANDERSON, Simon P. & GINSBURGH, Victor A., 1994. "Price discrimination via second-hand markets," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1078, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bruce W Hamilton & Molly Macauley, 1996. "Competition and Car Longevity," Economics Working Paper Archive 361, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Canan Savaskan, 2001. "Channel Choice and Coordination in a Remanufacturing Environment," Discussion Papers 1328, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Heese, Hans S. & Cattani, Kyle & Ferrer, Geraldo & Gilland, Wendell & Roth, Aleda V., 2005. "Competitive advantage through take-back of used products," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 164(1), pages 143-157, July.
- Qi, Lian & Sawhill, James, 2014. "How durable should durable products be made under different scenarios of technological advance?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 75-82.
- Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & Hernández-Mireles, C., 2006. "When Should Nintendo Launch its Wii? Insights From a Bivariate Successive Generation Model," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2006-032-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Bitros, George C., 2009. "The Theorem of Proportionality in Mainstream Capital Theory: An Assessment of its Conceptual Foundations," MPRA Paper 17436, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Smith Loren K., 2009. "New Market Policy Effects on Used Markets: Theory and Evidence," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-27, July.
- Fethke, Gary & Jagannathan, Raj, 2002. "Monopoly with endogenous durability," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1009-1027, June.
- Fethke, Gary & Jagannathan, Raj, 2000. "Why would a durable good monopolist also produce a cost-inefficient nondurable good?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 793-812, July.
- Michael Waldman, 2003. "Durable Goods Theory for Real World Markets," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 131-154, Winter.
- Ennio Stacchetti & Dmitriy Stolyarov, 2015.
"Obsolescence of Durable Goods and Optimal Purchase Timing,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 18(4), pages 752-773, October.
- Ennio Stacchetti & Dmitriy Stolyarov, 2015. "Code and data files for "Obsolescence of Durable Goods and Optimal Purchase Timing"," Computer Codes 13-270, Review of Economic Dynamics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:80:y:1972:i:3:p:575-85. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.