Competencia en telefonía móvil en Uruguay: diseño de subastas, contratos y marco institucional
Uruguay began a general regulatory reform in the 90s. Regarding the telecommunication sector, the main aspect of the reform was the opening up of the mobile market to competition. The auction designed followed the basic idea that had been developed in the American mobile auctions (1994), and also incorporated lessons from European 3G auctions in 2000. Although the design decisions were correct, the auction failed: there were no entrants to the market and the collection was tiny. The explanation can’t be found in the design of the auction but in a mix of reasons related to the institutional characteristics of the country and the deep economic crisis that started during the auction process, instead.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Constituyente 1502, 6to piso, CP 11200, Montevideo|
Phone: (598) 2410-6449
Fax: (598) 2410-6450
Web page: http://cienciassociales.edu.uy/departamentodeeconomia/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dubra, Juan & Echenique, Federico & Manelli, Alejandro M., 2009.
"English auctions and the Stolper-Samuelson theorem,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 144(2), pages 825-849, March.
- Dubra, Juan & Echenique, Federico & Manelli, Alejandro, 2007. "English auctions and the Stolper-Samuelson theorem," MPRA Paper 8218, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Federico Echenique & Alejandro Manelli, 2003.
"Comparative Statics, English Auctions and the Stolper-Samuelson Theorem,"
Documentos de Trabajo (working papers)
0503, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Echenique, Federico & Manelli, Alejandro M., 2003. "Comparative Statics, English Auctions, and the Stolper-Samuelson Theorem," Working Papers 1178, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Federico Echenique & Alejandro Manelli, 2003. "Comparative Statics, English Auctions, and the Stolper-Samuelson Theorem," GE, Growth, Math methods 0309005, EconWPA.
- Alvaro Forteza & Daniel Buquet & Mario Ibarburu & Jorge Lanzaro & Andrés Pereyra & Eduardo Siandra & Marcel Vaillant, 2003. "Understanding reform. The Uruguayan case," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0603, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Silvia Laens & Inés Terra, 2003. "Integration of the Americas: Welfare Effects and Options for the MERCOSUR," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0903, Department of Economics - dECON.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ude:wpaper:0103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andrea Doneschi)or (Héctor Pastori)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.