A Consumer Demand Approach to Estimating the Education Quality Component of Housing Cost
A consumer demand-based approach is proposed for estimating the shadow price of education relative to housing for households with children in state schools. This approach can be used together with or in place of a hedonic approach in countries where the location of households is not disclosed in publicly available data. An empirical illustration is provided using UK data from the family expenditure surveys.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.econ.ucy.ac.cy|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Brasington & Donald R. Haurin, 2006.
"Educational Outcomes and House Values: A Test of the value added Approach,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 245-268.
- David Brasington & Don Haurin, . "Educational Outcomes and House Values: A Test of the Value-Added Approach," Departmental Working Papers 2005-03, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- David Brasington & D. Haurin, . "Educational Outcomes and House Values: A Test of the Value-Added Approach," Departmental Working Papers 2003-05, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Gabrielle Fack & Julien Grenet, 2010.
"When do Better Schools Raise Housing Prices? Evidence from Paris Public and Private Schools,"
CEE Discussion Papers
0119, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Fack, Gabrielle & Grenet, Julien, 2010. "When do better schools raise housing prices? Evidence from Paris public and private schools," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(1-2), pages 59-77, February.
- Gibbons, Steve & Machin, Stephen, 2003. "Valuing English primary schools," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 197-219, March.
- Bogart, William T. & Cromwell, Brian A., 2000. "How Much Is a Neighborhood School Worth?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 280-305, March.
- Sandra E. Black, 1997.
"Do better schools matter? Parental valuation of elementary education,"
9729, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Sandra E. Black, 1999. "Do Better Schools Matter? Parental Valuation Of Elementary Education," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 114(2), pages 577-599, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucy:cypeua:09-2011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.