Political realism and models of the state - Antonio de Viti de Marco and the origins of Public Choice
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michele G. Giuranno & Manuela Mosca, 2018. "Political realism and models of the state: Antonio de Viti de Marco and the origins of public choice," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 175(3), pages 325-345, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martelloni, Francesco & Mosca, Manuela, 2018. "De Viti De Marco, The Â€Œeuropean War,Â€ And President Wilson," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(2), pages 179-199, June.
- Di Liddo, Giuseppe & Giuranno, Michele G., 2016.
"Asymmetric yardstick competition and municipal cooperation,"
Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 64-66.
- Giuranno, Michele & Di Liddo, Giuseppe, 2015. "Asymmetric yardstick competition and municipal cooperation," POLIS Working Papers 180, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1974. "The Political Economy of the Rent-Seeking Society," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 291-303, June.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:46:y:1952:i:02:p:603-605_06 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:elg:eechap:15325_26 is not listed on IDEAS
- Laurence S. Moss, 1991. "Thomas Hobbes's Influence on David Hume: The Emergence of a Public Choice Tradition," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 23(4), pages 587-612, Winter.
- Domenicantonio Fausto & Valeria De Bonis, 2003. "The Theory of Public Finance in Italy from the Origins to the 1940s, Forward," Il Pensiero Economico Italiano, Fabrizio Serra Editore, Pisa - Roma, vol. 11(1), pages 9-10.
- Roger D. Congleton & Arye L. Hillman (ed.), 2015. "Companion to the Political Economy of Rent Seeking," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15325.
- Giuseppe Eusepi & Richard E. Wagner, 2013. "Tax Prices in a Democratic Polity: The Continuing Relevance of Antonio de Viti de Marco," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 45(1), pages 99-121, Spring.
- Alessandro Petretto, 2014.
"The Modern Theory of Regulation as an Inheritance of De Viti de Marco’s Cooperative State,"
HISTORY OF ECONOMIC THOUGHT AND POLICY,
FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(2), pages 29-47.
- Alessandro Petretto, 2014. "The modern theory of regulation as an inheritance of De Viti de Marco’s Cooperative State," Working Papers - Economics wp2014_21.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Richard Salsman, 0. "The Political Economy of Public Debt," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 16883.
- James M. Buchanan, 1949. "The Pure Theory of Government Finance: A Suggested Approach," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57, pages 496-496.
- Steven G. Medema, 2005. "“Marginalizing” Government: From la scienza delle finanze to Wicksell," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 37(1), pages 1-25, Spring.
- Gordon Tullock, 2003. "The Origin Rent-Seeking Concept," International Journal of Business and Economics, School of Management Development, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 2(1), pages 1-8, April.
- Marco Boccaccio & Valeria De Bonis, 2003. "Political Sociological Theories in Italiana Tradition of Public Finance," Il Pensiero Economico Italiano, Fabrizio Serra Editore, Pisa - Roma, vol. 11(1), pages 75-97.
- Mueller, Dennis C, 1976. "Public Choice: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 14(2), pages 395-433, June.
- da Empoli, Domenico, 1993. "Public Choice in Italy," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 77(1), pages 75-83, September.
- Giuseppe Eusepi & Richard Wagner, 2012. "Indebted state versus intermediary state: who owes what to whom?," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 199-212, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giuranno, Michele & Nocco, Antonella, 2015. "Trade tariff, wage gap and public spending," POLIS Working Papers 181, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Amedeo Fossati, 2016. "The First Principles of Public Finance by Antonio de Viti de Marco: Is There Any Disparity between the Assessments of the Italian and the English Speaking Scholars?," STUDI ECONOMICI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(118-119-1), pages 88-110.
- Manuela Mosca, 2016. "Antonio de Viti de Marco as a Political Commentator in the Daily Press," HISTORY OF ECONOMIC THOUGHT AND POLICY, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(1), pages 43-63.
More about this item
- B10 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - General
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H79 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HPE-2016-01-18 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-POL-2016-01-18 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uca:ucapdv:184. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucia Padovani). General contact details of provider: https://www.digspes.uniupo.it .