The Distribution of Social Capital, Confidence in Public Bodies, and Electoral Participation in India
Most studies of distribution in developing countries are concerned with the distribution of material resources, most usually income or consumption and, sometimes, wealth. On the other hand, most studies of social capital are grounded in countries of the developed world. In this paper we depart from both traditions by analysing the distribution of social capital in a developing country (India). In so doing, we establish a link with the subject matter of political economy by examining the relationship between the distribution of social capital, the distribution of confidence in public bodies, and electoral participation.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: CREM (UMR CNRS 6211) – Faculty of Economics, 7 place Hoche, 35065 RENNES Cedex|
Phone: 02 23 23 35 63
Fax: (33) 2 23 23 35 99
Web page: http://www.condorcet-center.fr
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: CREM (UMR CNRS 6211) - Faculty of Economics, 7 place Hoche, 35065 Rennes Cedex - France|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alesina, Alberto & Giuliano, Paola, 2014.
Handbook of Economic Growth,
in: Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 4, pages 177-215
- Alesina, Alberto & Giuliano, Paola, 2013. "Family Ties," IZA Discussion Papers 7376, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alesina, Alberto F & Giuliano, Paola, 2013. "Family Ties," CEPR Discussion Papers 9483, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Alesina & Paola Giuliano, 2013. "Family Ties," NBER Working Papers 18966, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karla Hoff & Mayuresh Kshetramade & Ernst Fehr, 2010.
"Caste and punishment: the legacy of caste culture in norm enforcement,"
IEW - Working Papers
476, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Karla Hoff & Mayuresh Kshetramade & Ernst Fehr, 2011. "Caste and Punishment: the Legacy of Caste Culture in Norm Enforcement," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 121(556), pages F449-F475, November.
- Hoff, Karla & Kshetramade, Mayuresh & Fehr, Ernst, 2009. "Caste and punishment : the legacy of caste culture in norm enforcement," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5040, The World Bank.
- Hoff, Karla & Kshetramade, Mayuresh & Fehr, Ernst, 2009. "Caste and Punishment: The Legacy of Caste Culture in Norm Enforcement," IZA Discussion Papers 4343, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tut:cccrwp:2012-05-ccr. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CODA-POIREY Hélène)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.