The interaction of direct and indirect risk selection
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yujing Shen & Randall P. Ellis, 2002. "How profitable is risk selection? A comparison of four risk adjustment models," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 165-174.
- Thomas G. McGuire & Jacob Glazer, 2000. "Optimal Risk Adjustment in Markets with Adverse Selection: An Application to Managed Care," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 1055-1071, September.
- Michiel Bijlsma & Jan Boone & Gijsbert Zwart, 2014.
"Competition leverage: how the demand side affects optimal risk adjustment,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 45(4), pages 792-815, December.
- Bijlsma, M. & Boone, J. & Zwart, Gijsbert, 2011. "Competition Leverage : How the Demand Side Affects Optimal Risk Adjustment," Discussion Paper 2011-071, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bijlsma, Michiel & Boone, Jan & Zwart, Gijsbert, 2011. "Competition leverage: how the demand side affects optimal risk adjustment," CEPR Discussion Papers 8461, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michiel Bijlsma & Gijsbert Zwart & Jan Boone, 2011. "Competition leverage: How the demand side affects optimal risk adjustment," CPB Discussion Paper 181, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Ellis, Randall P. & McGuire, Thomas G., 2007.
"Predictability and predictiveness in health care spending,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 25-48, January.
- Randall P. Ellis & Thomas G. McGuire, 2006. "Predictability and Predictiveness in Health Care Spending," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2006-001, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Normann Lorenz, 2013. "Adverse selection and risk adjustment under imperfect competition," Research Papers in Economics 2013-05, University of Trier, Department of Economics.
- Frank, Richard G. & Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G., 2000.
"Measuring adverse selection in managed health care,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 829-854, November.
- Richard G. Frank & Jacob Glazer & Thomas G. McGuire, 1998. "Measuring Adverse Selection in Managed Health Care," NBER Working Papers 6825, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McGuire, Thomas G. & Glazer, Jacob & Newhouse, Joseph P. & Normand, Sharon-Lise & Shi, Julie & Sinaiko, Anna D. & Zuvekas, Samuel H., 2013. "Integrating risk adjustment and enrollee premiums in health plan payment," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1263-1277.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521747387, April.
- Randall P. Ellis, 2012. "risk adjustment," The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Jack, William, 2006. "Optimal risk adjustment with adverse selection and spatial competition," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 908-926, September.
- Bauhoff, Sebastian, 2012. "Do health plans risk-select? An audit study on Germany's Social Health Insurance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(9-10), pages 750-759.
- Cao, Zhun & McGuire, Thomas G., 2003. "Service-level selection by HMOs in Medicare," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 915-931, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lorenz, Normann, 2015. "The interaction of direct and indirect risk selection," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 81-89.
More about this item
KeywordsRisk selection; risk adjustment; discrete choice;
- I13 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Insurance, Public and Private
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-06-02 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trr:wpaper:201412. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthias Neuenkirch). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/petride.html .