How profitable is risk selection? A comparison of four risk adjustment models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Selden, Thomas M, 1998. "Risk Adjustment for Health Insurance: Theory and Implications," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 167-179, November.
- Thomas G. McGuire & Jacob Glazer, 2000. "Optimal Risk Adjustment in Markets with Adverse Selection: An Application to Managed Care," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 1055-1071, September.
- Mullahy, John, 1998. "Much ado about two: reconsidering retransformation and the two-part model in health econometrics," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 247-281, June.
- Van de ven, Wynand P.M.M. & Ellis, Randall P., 2000. "Risk adjustment in competitive health plan markets," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 755-845 Elsevier.
- Erik van Barneveld & Leida Lamers & René van Vliet & Wynand van de Ven, 2000. "Ignoring small predictable profits and losses: a new approach for measuring incentives for cream skimming," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 131-140, February.
- Arlene Ash & Randall P. Ellis & Gregory Pope & John Ayanian & David Bates & Helen Burstin & Lisa Iezzoni & Elizabeth McKay & Wei Yu, 2000. "Using Diagnoses to Describe Populations and Predict Costs," Papers 0099, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mario JAMETTI & Thomas VON UNGERN-STERNBERG, 2006.
"Risk Selection in Natural Disaster Insurance -The Case of France,"
Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP)
06.02, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Mario Jametti & Thomas von Ungern-Sternberg, 2006. "Risk Selection in Natural Disaster Insurance - the Case of France," Working Papers 2006_1, York University, Department of Economics.
- Keane, Michael, 2004. "Modeling Health Insurance Choices in “Competitive” Markets," MPRA Paper 55198, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kathryn Antioch & Michael Walsh, 2004. "The risk-adjusted vision beyond casemix (DRG) funding in Australia," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 5(2), pages 95-109, May.
- Mario Jametti & Thomas von Ungern-Sternberg, 2006. "Risk Selection in Natural Disaster Insurance â€“ the Case of France," CESifo Working Paper Series 1683, CESifo Group Munich.
- Normann Lorenz, 2014. "Using quantile regression for optimal risk adjustment," Research Papers in Economics 2014-11, University of Trier, Department of Economics.
- Álvaro Riascos & Eduardo Alfonso & Mauricio Romero, 2014. "The Performance of Risk Adjustment Models in Colombian Competitive Health Insurance Market," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 012062, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Karen Eggleston & Anupa Bir, 2009.
"Measuring Selection Incentives in Managed Care: Evidence From the Massachusetts State Employee Insurance Program,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 76(1), pages 159-175.
- Anupa Bir & Karen Eggleston, 2006. "Measuring Selection Incentives in Managed Care: Evidence from the Massachusetts State Employee Insurance Program," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0605, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Pieter Bakx & Frederik Schut & Eddy Doorslaer, 2015. "Can universal access and competition in long-term care insurance be combined?," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 185-213, June.
- Bauhoff, Sebastian, 2012. "Do health plans risk-select? An audit study on Germany's Social Health Insurance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(9-10), pages 750-759.
- Normann Lorenz, 2014. "The interaction of direct and indirect risk selection," Research Papers in Economics 2014-12, University of Trier, Department of Economics.
- Beck, Konstantin & Trottmann, Maria & Zweifel, Peter, 2010. "Risk adjustment in health insurance and its long-term effectiveness," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 489-498, July.
- Jan Brosse & Mathias Kifmann, 2013. "Competition in Health Insurance and Premium Regulation," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 11(1), pages 21-26, 04.
- Karen Eggleston & Randall P. Ellis & Mingshan Lu, 2007. "Prevention and Dynamic Risk Adjustment," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2007-023, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Mario Jametti & Thomas von Ungern-Sternberg, 2010. "Risk Selection in Natural-Disaster Insurance," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 166(2), pages 344-364, June.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:11:y:2013:i:1:p:19083487 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lorenz, Normann, 2015. "The interaction of direct and indirect risk selection," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 81-89.
- Ellis, Randall P. & McGuire, Thomas G., 2007.
"Predictability and predictiveness in health care spending,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 25-48, January.
- Randall P. Ellis & Thomas G. McGuire, 2006. "Predictability and Predictiveness in Health Care Spending," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2006-001, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Wynand P. M. M. Ven & René C. J. A. Vliet & Richard C. Kleef, 2017. "How can the regulator show evidence of (no) risk selection in health insurance markets? Conceptual framework and empirical evidence," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 18(2), pages 167-180, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:11:y:2002:i:2:p:165-174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .