Using Diagnoses to Describe Populations and Predict Costs
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Ma, Ching-to Albert, 1994.
"Health Care Payment Systems: Cost and Quality Incentives,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, pages 93-112.
- Ching-to Albert Ma, 1994. "Health Care Payment Systems: Cost and Quality Incentives," Papers 0047, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Randall P. Ellis & Thomas G. McGuire, 1993. "Supply-Side and Demand-Side Cost Sharing in Health Care," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 135-151, Fall.
- Rogerson, William P, 1994. "Choice of Treatment Intensities by a Nonprofit Hospital under Prospective Pricing," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 7-51, Spring.
- Hodgkin, Dominic & McGuire, Thomas G., 1994. "Payment levels and hospital response to prospective payment," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Newhouse, Joseph P. & Byrne, Daniel J., 1988. "Did Medicare's Prospective Payment System cause length of stay to fall?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 413-416, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Suthathip Yaisawarng & James F. Burgess, 2006. "Performance-based budgeting in the public sector: an illustration from the VA health care system," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(3), pages 295-310.
- Cheryl Young, "undated". "Recent Research Findings on Medicare+Choice," Mathematica Policy Research Reports bc48b7926bac4afbb4b28c0de, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Haviland Amelia M & Sood Neeraj & McDevitt Roland & Marquis M Susan, 2011. "How Do Consumer-Directed Health Plans Affect Vulnerable Populations?," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 14(2), pages 1-25, April.
- Göpffarth, Dirk, 2004. "Die Reform des Risikostrukturausgleichs: Eine Zwischenbilanz," Discussion Papers 2004/18, Technische Universität Berlin, School of Economics and Management.
- Vargas, Veronica & Wasem, Jürgen, 2002. "Using selected diagnoses to improve the Chilean capitation formula," Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Diskussionspapiere 06/2002, University of Greifswald, Faculty of Law and Economics.
- Manuel García-Goñi & Pere Ibern, 2008.
"Predictability of drug expenditures: an application using morbidity data,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(1), pages 119-126.
- Manuel García-Goñi & Pere Ibern, 2006. "Predictability of drug expenditures: An application using morbidity data," Economics Working Papers 977, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Lahiri, Kajal & Song, Jae & Wixon, Bernard, 2008. "A model of Social Security Disability Insurance using matched SIPP/Administrative data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 145(1-2), pages 4-20, July.
- Domino, Marisa Elena & Huskamp, Haiden, 2005. "Does provider variation matter to health plans?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 795-813, July.
- Deborah Peikes & Stacy Dale & Eric Lundquist & Janice Genevro & David Meyers, 2011. "Building the Evidence Base for the Medical Home: What Sample and Sample Size Do Studies Need?," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 5814eb8219b24982af7f7536c, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Yujing Shen & Randall P. Ellis, 2002. "How profitable is risk selection? A comparison of four risk adjustment models," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 165-174.
- Eggli, Yves & Halfon, Patricia & Chikhi, Mehdi & Bandi, Till, 2006. "Ambulatory healthcare information system: A conceptual framework," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 26-38, August.
- Jones, A.M, 2010. "Models For Health Care," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 10/01, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Randall P. Ellis & Shenyi Jiang & Tzu-Chun Kuo, 2013.
"Does service-level spending show evidence of selection across health plan types?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(13), pages 1701-1712, May.
- Shenyi Jiang & Randall P. Ellis & Tzu-chun Kuo, 2007. "Does service-level spending show evidence of selection across health plan types?," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series wp2007-43, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Buchner, Florian & Goepffarth, Dirk & Wasem, Juergen, 2013. "The new risk adjustment formula in Germany: Implementation and first experiences," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(3), pages 253-262.
- Randall P. Ellis & Ching-to Albert Ma, 2005. "Health Insurance, Expectations, and Job Turnover," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2005-036, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Verónica Vargas & Juergen Wasem, 2005. "Risk Adjustment and Primary Health Care in Chile," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv162, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Timothy Layton & Alice K. Ndikumana & Mark Shepard, 2017. "Health Plan Payment in Medicaid Managed Care: A Hybrid Model of Regulated Competition," NBER Working Papers 23518, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xiao-Hua Zhou & Huazhen Lin & Eric Johnson, 2008. "Non-parametric heteroscedastic transformation regression models for skewed data with an application to health care costs," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 70(5), pages 1029-1047.
- Randall P. Ellis & Wenjia Zhu, 2016.
"Health Plan Type Variations in Spells of Health-Care Treatment,"
American Journal of Health Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 2(4), pages 399-430, Fall.
- Randall P. Ellis & Wenjia Zhu, 2015. "Health Plan Type Variations in Spells of Health Care Treatment," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series wp2015-022, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Manuel García-Goñi & Pere Ibern, 2006. "Predictability of drug expenditures: An application using morbidity data," Working Papers, Research Center on Health and Economics 977, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Randall P. Ellis & Marian Vidal-Fernadez, 2007. "Response: Activity-Based Payments and Reforms of the English Hospital Payment System," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2007-035, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Göpffarth Dirk, 2007. "Theorie und Praxis des Risikostrukturausgleichs / Risk Adjustment in Theory and Practice," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 227(5-6), pages 485-501, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:bostin:0099. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ispbuus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .