A Characterization of the Distributions That Imply Existence of Linear Equilibria in the Kyle-Model
The existence of a linear equilibrium in Kyle's model of market making with multiple, symmetrically informed strategic traders is implied for any number of strategic traders if the joint distribution of the underlying exogenous random variables is elliptical. The reverse implication has been shown for the case in which the random variables are independent and have finite second moments. Here we extend this result to the case in which the underlying random variables are not necessarily independent and their joint distribution is determined by its moments.
|Date of creation:||May 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.sfbtr15.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Foster, F Douglas & Viswanathan, S, 1993. "The Effect of Public Information and Competition on Trading Volume and Price Volatility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(1), pages 23-56.
- Noldeke, Georg & Troger, Thomas, 2001.
"Existence of linear equilibria in the Kyle model with multiple informed traders,"
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 159-164, August.
- Georg Nöldeke & Thomas Tröger, 2001. "Existence of Linear Equilibria in the Kyle Model with Multiple Informed Traders," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse1_2001, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Georg Nöldeke & Thomas Tröger, 2004. "On the Existence of Linear Equilibria in the Rochet-Vila Model of Market Making," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse19_2004, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Vila, Jean-Luc, 1994.
"Insider Trading without Normality,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(1), pages 131-52, January.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-35, November.
- Mark Bagnoli & S. Viswanathan & Craig Holden, 2001. "On the Existence of Linear Equilibria in Models of Market Making," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 1-31.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trf:wpaper:43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandra Frank)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.