Commitment in R&D Tournaments via Strategic Delegation to Overoptimistic Managers
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Florian Englmaier, 2011. "Commitment in R&D tournaments via strategic delegation to overoptimistic managers," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(1), pages 63-69, January.
- Englmaier, Florian, 2011. "Commitment in R&D tournaments via strategic delegation to overoptimistic managers," Munich Reprints in Economics 22011, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nick Netzer & Florian Scheuer, 2010. "Competitive Markets without Commitment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 118(6), pages 1079-1109.
- O'Flaherty, Brendan & Siow, Aloysius, 1995. "Up-or-Out Rules in the Market for Lawyers," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(4), pages 709-735, October.
- Hans K. Hvide & Eirik Gaard Kristiansen, 2012.
"Management of Knowledge Workers,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(4), pages 815-838.
- Hvide, Hans K. & Kristiansen, Eirik G., 2006. "Management of Knowledge Workers," Discussion Papers 2006/7, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Hvide, Hans K & Kristiansen, Eirik Gaard, 2007. "Management of Knowledge Workers," CEPR Discussion Papers 6039, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hvide, Hans K. & Kristiansen, Eirik Gaard, 2012. "Management of Knowledge Workers," IZA Discussion Papers 6609, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rasul, Imran & Sonderegger, Silvia, 2010.
"The role of the agent's outside options in principal-agent relationships,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 781-788, March.
- Imran Rasul & Silvia Sonderegger, 2008. "The Role of the Agent's Outside Options in Principal-Agent Relationships," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 08/605, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Kräkel, Matthias & Sliwka, Dirk, 2006.
"Should You Allow Your Agent to Become Your Competitor? On Non-Compete Agreements in Employment Contracts,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2054, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kräkel, Matthias & Sliwka, Dirk, 2006. "Should You Allow Your Agent to Become Your Competitor? On Non-Compete Agreements in Employment Contracts," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 99, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Anton, James J & Yao, Dennis A, 1995. "Start-ups, Spin-offs, and Internal Projects," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 362-378, October.
- Isabelle Huault & V. Perret & S. Charreire-Petit, 2007. "Management," Post-Print halshs-00337676, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:138:y:2017:i:c:p:10-29 is not listed on IDEAS
- Otto, Clemens A., 2014. "CEO optimism and incentive compensation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 366-404.
- Citci, Sadettin Haluk & Inci, Eren, 2016. "Career concerns and Bayesian overconfidence of managers," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 137-159.
- Kopel, Michael & Brand, Björn, 2012. "Socially responsible firms and endogenous choice of strategic incentives," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 982-989.
- Rtischev, Dimitry, 2012. "Strategic commitment to pursue a goal other than profit in a Cournot duopoly," MPRA Paper 40891, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsStrategic Delegation; Overoptimism; Tournaments;
- J32 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Nonwage Labor Costs and Benefits; Retirement Plans; Private Pensions
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trf:wpaper:328. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tamilla Benkelberg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .