Strategy, Scale or Policy? Exit in the Australian Car Industry
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fleischmann, Matthew P & Prentice, David, 2001. "Strategy, Scale or Policy? Exit in the Australian Car Industry," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 77(239), pages 351-360, December.
- Matthew P Fleischmann & David Prentice, 2000. "Strategy, Scale or Policy? Exit in the Australian Car Industry," Working Papers 2000.14, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mary E. Deily, 1991. "Exit Strategies and Plant-Closing Decisions: The Case of Steel," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(2), pages 250-263, Summer.
- John Sutton, 1997. "Gibrat's Legacy," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 40-59, March.
- Gibson, John K & Harris, Richard I D, 1996.
"Trade Liberalisation and Plant Exit in New Zealand Manufacturing,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(3), pages 521-529, August.
- Gibson,J.K. & Harris,R.I.D., 1996. "Trade Liberalisation and Plant Exit in New Zealand Manufacturing," Papers 66, Portsmouth University - Department of Economics.
- Robert Conlon & John Perkins, 1997. "Political Economy Of Assistance To The Automotive Industry In Australia: Have We Seen It All Before?," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 16(2), pages 76-91, June.
- Richard Ericson & Ariel Pakes, 1995. "Markov-Perfect Industry Dynamics: A Framework for Empirical Work," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(1), pages 53-82.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- Dierickx, I. & Matutes, C. & Neven, D., 1991. "Cost differences and survival in declining industries : A case for 'picking winners'?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1507-1528, December.
- Richard E. Caves, 1998. "Industrial Organization and New Findings on the Turnover and Mobility of Firms," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(4), pages 1947-1982, December.
- Deily, Mary E, 1988. "Investment Activity and the Exit Decision," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(4), pages 595-602, November.
- Peter Stubbs, 1972. "The Australian Motor Industry A Study in Protection and Growth," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 5(1), pages 46-46.
- Pankaj Ghemawat & Barry Nalebuff, 1990. "The Devolution of Declining Industries," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(1), pages 167-186.
- R.M. Conlon & J.A. Perkins, 1995. "Automotive Industry Policy In Australia: Origins, Impact And Prospects," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 14(3), pages 49-68, September.
- Baden-Fuller, Charles W F, 1989. "Exit from Declining Industries and the Case of Steel Castings," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(398), pages 949-961, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephen Clibborn & Russell D. Lansbury & Chris F. Wright, 2016. "Who Killed the Australian Automotive Industry: The Employers, Government or Trade Unions?," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 35(1), pages 2-15, March.
- Lionel Bopage & Kishor Sharma, 2014. "Liberalization and Structural Change in Australian Automotive Industry: An Analysis of Trade and Productivity Performance: 1962â€“2008," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 15(3), pages 447-460, September.
- Sanidas, Elias & Jayanthakumaran, Kankesu, 2003. "Trade Reforms and the Survival of the Passenger Motor Vehicle Industry in Australia," Economics Working Papers wp03-10, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Sanidas, Elias & Jayanthakumaran, Kankesu, 2006. "The Consequences of Trade Liberalisation on the Australian Passenger Motor Vehicle Industry," Economics Working Papers wp06-01, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
More about this item
KeywordsAutomobile Industry; Strategic Planning; Policy Making;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trb:wpaper:2000.14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephen Scoglio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sblatau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.