The Limited Information Maximum Likelihood Approach to Dynamic Panel Structural Equations
We develop the panel limited information maximum likelihood (PLIML) approach for estimating dynamic panel structural equation models. When there are dynamic effects and endogenous variables with individual effects at the same time, the PLIML estimation method for the filtered data does give not only a consistent estimator, but also it has the asymptotic normality and often attains the asymptotic bound when the number of orthogonal conditions is large. Our formulation includes Alvarez and Arellano (2003), Blundell and Bond (2000) and other linear dynamic panel models as special cases. We also compare the PLIML and Panel GMM methods and propose an improvement of PLIML for heteroscedastic disturbances among many indivisuals.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Hongo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033|
Web page: http://www.cirje.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard Blundell & Stephen Bond, 2000.
"GMM Estimation with persistent panel data: an application to production functions,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 321-340.
- Richard Blundell & Steve Bond, 1999. "GMM estimation with persistent panel data: an application to production functions," IFS Working Papers W99/04, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- T. W. Anderson & Naoto Kunitomo & Yukitoshi Matsushita, 2008. "On the Asymptotic Optimality of the LIML Estimator with Possibly Many Instruments," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-542, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- T. W. Anderson & Naoto Kunitomo & Yukitoshi Matsushita, 2006. "A New Light from Old Wisdoms : Alternative Estimation Methods of Simultaneous Equations with Possibly Many Instruments," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-399, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- T. W. Anderson & Naoto Kunitomo & Yukitoshi Matsushita, 2008. "On Finite Sample Properties of Alternative Estimators of Coefficients in a Structural Equation with Many Instruments," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-577, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Kazuhiko Hayakawa, 2007. "A Simple Efficient Instrumental Variable Estimator in Panel AR(p) Models," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d07-213, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Jinyong Hahn & Guido Kuersteiner, 2002. "Asymptotically Unbiased Inference for a Dynamic Panel Model with Fixed Effects when Both "n" and "T" Are Large," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1639-1657, July.
- Kentaro Akashi & Naoto Kunitomo, 2010.
"Some Properties of the LIML Estimator in a Dynamic Panel Structural Equation,"
CIRJE-F-707, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Akashi, Kentaro & Kunitomo, Naoto, 2012. "Some properties of the LIML estimator in a dynamic panel structural equation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 166(2), pages 167-183.
- Kazuhiko Hayakawa, 2006. "Efficient GMM Estimation of Dynamic Panel Data Models Where Large Heterogeneity May Be Present," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d05-130, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tky:fseres:2010cf708. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.