Dolarizasyon Endeksleri : Turkiye’deki Dolarizasyon Surecine Iliskin Gostergeler
Dollarization, which can be considered as a wide-spread characteristic of the emerging market economies, is caused by economic units’ holding assets in foreign currency to prevent the value of their financial assets from the risk of devaluation of the national currency and to diversify their portfolio when the asset side of the balance sheets is considered. On the other hand, when the liability side of the balance sheets are considered, firms’, households’ and the government’s borrowing in foreign currency both from domestic and foreign sources causes dollarization. This paper constructs asset, liability and composite dollarization indices as indicators of the lasting dollarization process in Turkey, proposing measures for the degree of dollarization of the Turkish economy. All indices justify the success of the stabilization program that has been conducted since 2002, in reversing the dollarization trend.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Head Office, Istiklal Cad. 10 Ulus, 06100 Ankara|
Phone: (90 312) 507 5000
Fax: (90 312) 507 5640
Web page: http://www.tcmb.gov.tr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Philippe AGHION & Philippe BACCHETTA & Abhijit BANERJEE, 1999.
"A Simple Model of Monetary Policy and Currency Crises,"
Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP)
9914, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Aghion, Philippe & Bacchetta, Philippe & Banerjee, Abhijit, 2000. "A simple model of monetary policy and currency crises," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 728-738, May.
- Philippe Aghion & Philippe Bacchetta & Abhijit Banerjee, 1999. "A Simple Model of Monetary Pollicy and Currency Crises," Working Papers 99.05, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff & Miguel A. Savastano, 2003.
"Addicted to Dollars,"
NBER Working Papers
10015, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arturo Galindo & Leonardo Leiderman, 2005.
"Living with Dollarization and the Route to Dedollarization,"
Research Department Publications
4397, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Arturo Galindo & Leonardo Leiderman, 2005. "Living with Dollarization and the Route to Dedollarization," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6690, Inter-American Development Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tcb:wpaper:0517. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ozlem Ekmekciler Ramalho Rocha)or (Ilker Cakar)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.