Policy Brief: How pro-poor is the South African Health System?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ronelle Burger & Christelle Swanepoel, 2006.
"Have pro-poor health policies improved the targeting of spending and the effective delivery of health care in South Africa?,"
12/2006, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Ronelle Burger & Christelle Grobler, 2007. "Have Pro-Poor Health Policies Improved the Targeting of Spending and the Effective Delivery of Health Care in South Africa?," Working Papers 07122, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- Magnus Lindelow, 2005. "The Utilisation of Curative Healthcare in Mozambique: Does Income Matter?," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 14(3), pages 435-482, September.
- Mills, Anne & Palmer, Natasha & Gilson, Lucy & McIntyre, Di & Schneider, Helen & Sinanovic, Edina & Wadee, Haroon, 2004. "The performance of different models of primary care provision in Southern Africa," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(5), pages 931-943, September.
- David E. Sahn & Stephen D. Younger, 2000. "Expenditure incidence in Africa: microeconomic evidence," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 21(3), pages 329-347, September.
More about this item
KeywordsFiscal incidence; South Africa; health;
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-05-12 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2007-05-12 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2007-05-12 (Health Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2007-05-12 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sza:wpaper:wpapers37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Melt van Schoor). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desunza.html .