Firm Size Evolution and Outsourcing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Evans, David S, 1987.
"The Relationship between Firm Growth, Size, and Age: Estimates for 100 Manufacturing Industries,"
Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 567-581, June.
- Evans, David S., 1986. "The Relationship Between Firm Growth, Size, and Age: Estimates for 100 Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers 86-33, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Acs, Zoltan J & Audretsch, David B, 1988. "Innovation in Large and Small Firms: An Empirical Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(4), pages 678-690, September.
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1999. "Testing for Linearity," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(5), pages 551-576, December.
- Fabio Pieri & Enrico Zaninotto, 2013.
"Vertical integration and efficiency: an application to the Italian machine tool industry,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 397-416, February.
- Fabio Pieri & Enrico Zaninotto, 2010. "Vertical Integration and Efficiency: an application to the Italian Machine Tool Industry," DISA Working Papers 1006, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 24 Nov 2010.
- Abraham, Katharine G & Taylor, Susan K, 1996.
"Firms' Use of Outside Contractors: Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(3), pages 394-424, July.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Susan K. Taylor, 1993. "Firms' Use of Outside Contractors: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 4468, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John C. Haltiwanger & Ron S. Jarmin & Javier Miranda, 2010. "Who Creates Jobs? Small vs. Large vs. Young," NBER Working Papers 16300, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alla Lileeva & Johannes Van Biesebroeck, 2013.
"Outsourcing When Investments Are Specific And Interrelated,"
Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 11(4), pages 871-896, August.
- Alla Lileeva & Johannes Van Biesebroeck, 2007. "Outsourcing when Investments are Specific and Complementary," Working Papers tecipa-287, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Alla Lileeva & Johannes Van Biesebroeck, 2008. "Outsourcing when Investments are Specific and Complementary," NBER Working Papers 14477, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 1967. "Hierarchical Control and Optimum Firm Size," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 123-123.
- Dharmapala, Dhammika & Slemrod, Joel & Wilson, John Douglas, 2011.
"Tax policy and the missing middle: Optimal tax remittance with firm-level administrative costs,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(9-10), pages 1036-1047, October.
- Dharmapala, Dhammika & Slemrod, Joel & Wilson, John Douglas, 2011. "Tax policy and the missing middle: Optimal tax remittance with firm-level administrative costs," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(9), pages 1036-1047.
- Robert Breunig & Marn‐Heong Wong, 2008.
"A Richer Understanding of Australia's Productivity Performance in the 1990s: Improved Estimates Based Upon Firm‐Level Panel Data,"
The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 84(265), pages 157-176, June.
- Robert Breunig & Marn-Heong Wong, 2007. "A Richer Understanding of Australia’s Productivity Performance in the 1990s: Improved estimates based upon firm-level panel data," CEPR Discussion Papers 545, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- James Levinsohn & Amil Petrin, 2003. "Estimating Production Functions Using Inputs to Control for Unobservables," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(2), pages 317-341.
- Stefano Federico, 2010. "Outsourcing versus integration at home or abroad and firm heterogeneity," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 47-63, February.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 2002. "Integration versus Outsourcing in Industry Equilibrium," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(1), pages 85-120.
- Stacy Sneeringer & Nigel Key, 2011. "Effects of Size-Based Environmental Regulations: Evidence of Regulatory Avoidance," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1189-1211.
More about this item
KeywordsSmall Business; Outsourcing; Management Organization; Size Distribution.;
- C38 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Classification Methdos; Cluster Analysis; Principal Components; Factor Analysis
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- L24 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Contracting Out; Joint Ventures
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2013-06-16 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2013-06-16 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-SBM-2013-06-16 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:swe:wpaper:2013-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hongyi Li). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/senswau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.