Subsidising carbon capture. Effects on energy prices and market shares in the power market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Reyer Gerlagh & Bob van der Zwaan, 2006. "Options and Instruments for a Deep Cut in CO2 Emissions: Carbon Dioxide Capture or Renewables, Taxes or Subsidies?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 25-48.
- Newell, Richard G. & Jaffe, Adam B. & Stavins, Robert N., 2006. "The effects of economic and policy incentives on carbon mitigation technologies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(5-6), pages 563-578, November.
- Riahi, Keywan & Rubin, Edward S. & Taylor, Margaret R. & Schrattenholzer, Leo & Hounshell, David, 2004. "Technological learning for carbon capture and sequestration technologies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 539-564, July.
- McFarland, J. R. & Reilly, J. M. & Herzog, H. J., 2004. "Representing energy technologies in top-down economic models using bottom-up information," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 685-707, July.
- Hart, Rob, 2008. "The timing of taxes on CO2 emissions when technological change is endogenous," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 194-212, March.
- Finn Roar Aune, Knut Einar Rosendahl and Eirik Lund Sagen, 2009.
"Globalisation of Natural Gas Markets - Effects on Prices and Trade Patterns,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 39-54.
- Finn Roar Aune & Knut Einar Rosendahl & Eirik Lund Sagen, 2008. "Globalisation of natural gas markets - effects on prices and trade patterns," Discussion Papers 559, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Knut Einar Rosendahl & Eirik Lund Sagen, 2009.
"The Global Natural Gas Market: Will Transport Cost Reductions Lead to Lower Prices?,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 17-40.
- Knut Einar Rosendahl & Eirik Lund Sagen, 2007. "The Global Natural Gas Market. Will transport cost reductions lead to lower prices?," Discussion Papers 523, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Johnson, Timothy L. & Keith, David W., 2004. "Fossil electricity and CO2 sequestration: how natural gas prices, initial conditions and retrofits determine the cost of controlling CO2 emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 367-382, February.
- Finn Roar Aune & Rolf Golombek & Sverre A.C. Kittelsen & Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2008. "Liberalizing European Energy Markets," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3071, April.
- Martinsen, Dag & Linssen, Jochen & Markewitz, Peter & Vogele, Stefan, 2007. "CCS: A future CO2 mitigation option for Germany?--A bottom-up approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2110-2120, April.
- Finn Roar Aune & Solveig Glomsrød & Lars Lindholt & Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2005. "Are high oil prices profitable for OPEC in the long run?," Discussion Papers 416, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Michael Grubb, Carlo Carraro and John Schellnhuber, 2006. "Technological Change for Atmospheric Stabilization: Introductory Overview to the Innovation Modeling Comparison Project," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 1-16.
- Greaker, Mads & Rosendahl, Knut Einar, 2008. "Environmental policy with upstream pollution abatement technology firms," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 246-259, November.
- Kverndokk, Snorre & Rosendahl, Knut Einar, 2007. "Climate policies and learning by doing: Impacts and timing of technology subsidies," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 58-82, January.
- Requate, Till & Unold, Wolfram, 2003. "Environmental policy incentives to adopt advanced abatement technology:: Will the true ranking please stand up?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 125-146, February.
- Rubin, Edward S. & Chen, Chao & Rao, Anand B., 2007. "Cost and performance of fossil fuel power plants with CO2 capture and storage," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 4444-4454, September.
- de Vries, Bert J.M. & van Vuuren, Detlef P. & Hoogwijk, Monique M., 2007. "Renewable energy sources: Their global potential for the first-half of the 21st century at a global level: An integrated approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2590-2610, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chong, Fah Keen & Lawrence, Kelvin Kuhanraj & Lim, Pek Peng & Poon, Marcus Chinn Yoong & Foo, Dominic Chwan Yee & Lam, Hon Loong & Tan, Raymond R., 2014. "Planning of carbon capture storage deployment using process graph approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 641-651.
- Steven A. Gabriel & Arild Moe & Knut Einar Rosendahl & Marina Tsygankova, 2013. "The likelihood and potential implications of a natural gas cartel," Chapters,in: Handbook on Energy and Climate Change, chapter 3, pages 86-102 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy markets; Climate policy; Carbon capture;
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2009-10-24 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2009-10-24 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2009-10-24 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssb:dispap:595. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (L Maasø). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ssbgvno.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.