Financial Deregulation and Household Saving. The Norwegian Experience Revisited
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467-467.
- Pål Boug & Knut Anton Mork & Trond Tjemsland, 1995. "Financial Deregulation and Consumer Behavior: the Norwegian Experience," Discussion Papers 156, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Øyvind Eitrheim & Eilev S. Jansen & Ragnar Nymoen, 2002.
"Progress from forecast failure -- the Norwegian consumption function,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 5(1), pages 40-64, June.
- Eitrheim,O. & Jansen,E.S. & Nymoen,R., 2000. "Progress from forecast failure : the Norwegian consumption function," Memorandum 32/2000, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Steigum, E.Jr., 1992. "Financial Deregulation, Credit Boom and Banking Crisis: The Case of Norway," Papers 15-92, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 2000. "Aging and Housing Equity," NBER Working Papers 7882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olli-Pekka Lehmussaari, 1990. "Deregulation and Consumption: Saving Dynamics in the Nordic Countries," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(1), pages 71-93, March.
- Berg, Lennart, 1994. "Household Savings and Debts: The Experience of the Nordic Countries," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 42-53, Summer.
- Miles, David, 1992. "Housing markets, consumption and financial liberalisation in the major economies," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1093-1127, June.
- Fumio Hayashi, 1985. "Tests for Liquidity Constraints: A Critical Survey," NBER Working Papers 1720, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Koskela, Erkki & Viren, Matti, 1992. " Inflation, Capital Markets and Household Saving in the Nordic Countries," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(2), pages 215-227.
More about this item
KeywordsSaving; consumption; financial deregulation; wealth effects and house prices.;
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-06-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2003-11-23 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-EEC-2004-06-02 (European Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2003-11-23 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MAC-2003-11-23 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-REG-2004-06-02 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssb:dispap:361. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (L MaasÃ¸). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ssbgvno.html .