Assessing shadow banking – non-bank financial intermediation in Europe
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Godfrey, Brian & Killeen, Neill & Moloney, Kitty, 2015. "Data Gaps and Shadow Banking:Profiling Special Purpose Vehicles’Activities in Ireland," Quarterly Bulletin Articles, Central Bank of Ireland, pages 48-60, July.
- Leland, Hayne E & Toft, Klaus Bjerre, 1996.
"Optimal Capital Structure, Endogenous Bankruptcy, and the Term Structure of Credit Spreads,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(3), pages 987-1019, July.
- Hayne E. Leland and Klaus Bjerre Toft., 1995. "Optimal Capital Structure, Endogenous Bankruptcy, and the Term Structure of Credit Spreads," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-259, University of California at Berkeley.
- Górnicka, Lucyna A., 2016. "Banks and shadow banks: Competitors or complements?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 118-131.
- Patrick M McGuire & Kostas Tsatsaronis, 2008. "Estimating hedge fund leverage," BIS Working Papers 260, Bank for International Settlements.
- Raphael Schestag & Philipp Schuster & Marliese Uhrig-Homburg, 2016. "Measuring Liquidity in Bond Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 29(5), pages 1170-1219.
- Christophe Pérignon & David Thesmar & Guillaume Vuillemey, 2018. "Wholesale Funding Dry‐Ups," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 73(2), pages 575-617, April.
- Ms. Elena Loukoianova & Ms. Yevgeniya Korniyenko & Mr. Hyun S Shin & Artak Harutyunyan & Richard Walton & Hanan AbuShanab & Mr. Luca Errico, 2014. "Mapping the Shadow Banking System Through a Global Flow of Funds Analysis," IMF Working Papers 2014/010, International Monetary Fund.
- Markose, Sheri & Giansante, Simone & Shaghaghi, Ali Rais, 2012. "‘Too interconnected to fail’ financial network of US CDS market: Topological fragility and systemic risk," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 627-646.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- A. Mantovi & G. Tagliavini, 2017. "Liquidity cognition and limits of arbitrage," Economics Department Working Papers 2017-EP01, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Abad, Jorge & D’Errico, Marco & Killeen, Neill & Luz, Vera & Peltonen, Tuomas & Portes, Richard & Urbano, Teresa, 2022. "Mapping exposures of EU banks to the global shadow banking system," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 134(C).
- Giorgio Nuzzo, 2017. "A critical review of the statistics on the size and riskiness of the securitization market: evidence from Italy and other euro-area countries," IFC Bulletins chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Data needs and Statistics compilation for macroprudential analysis, volume 46, Bank for International Settlements.
- Martin Hodula, 2018. "Off the Radar: Exploring the Rise of Shadow Banking in the EU," Working Papers 2018/16, Czech National Bank.
- Abad, Jorge & D'Errico, Marco & Killeen, Neill & Luz, Vera & Peltonen, Tuomas & Portes, Richard & Urbano, Teresa, 2017.
"Mapping the interconnectedness between EU banks and shadow banking entities,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
11919, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Abad, Jorge & D'Errico, Marco & Killeen, Neill & Luz, Vera & Peltonen, Tuomas A. & Portes, Richard & Urbano, Teresa, 2017. "Mapping the interconnectedness between EU banks and shadow banking entities," ESRB Working Paper Series 40, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Jorge Abad & Marco D'Errico & Neill Killeen & Vera Luz & Tuomas Peltonen & Richard Portes & Teresa Urbano, 2017. "Mapping the Interconnectedness between EU Banks and Shadow Banking Entities," NBER Working Papers 23280, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mariya Rubakha & Lesia Tkachyk & Olena Hamkalo & Khrystyna Demkiv, 2019. "Integral Assessment of Banking Activity Effectiveness and Rating of Ukrainian and Bulgarian Banks," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 4, pages 70-96.
- Martin Hodula, 2019. "Monetary Policy and Shadow Banking: Trapped between a Rock and a Hard Place," Working Papers 2019/5, Czech National Bank.
- Ronald B. Davies & Neill Killeen, 2018. "The Effect of Tax Treaties on Market Based Finance: Evidence using Firm-Level Data," Working Papers 201818, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Foglia, Matteo & Angelini, Eliana, 2020. "From me to you: Measuring connectedness between Eurozone financial institutions," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(C).
- Samo Boh & Stefano Borgioli & Andra (Buca) Coman & Bogdan Chiriacescu & Anne Koban & Joao Veiga & Piotr Kusmierczyk & Mara Pirovano & Thomas Schepens, 2017. "European Macroprudential Database," IFC Bulletins chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Data needs and Statistics compilation for macroprudential analysis, volume 46, Bank for International Settlements.
- Hodula, Martin & Melecky, Ales & Machacek, Martin, 2020. "Off the radar: Factors behind the growth of shadow banking in Europe," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 44(3).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Kitty Moloney & Oisin Kenny & Neill Killeen, 2016. "Network analysis using EMIR credit default swap data: micro-level evidence from Irish-domiciled special purpose vehicles (SPVs)," IFC Bulletins chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Combining micro and macro data for financial stability analysis, volume 41, Bank for International Settlements.
- Financial Stability Committee, Task Force on cross-border Spillover Effects of macroprudential measures & Kok, Christoffer & Reinhardt, Dennis, 2020. "Cross-border spillover effects of macroprudential policies: a conceptual framework," Occasional Paper Series 242, European Central Bank.
- Gady Jacoby & Chuan Liao & Jonathan A. Batten, 2007. "A Pure Test for the Elasticity of Yield Spreads," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp195, IIIS.
- Tobias Adrian & Nina Boyarchenko, 2013. "Intermediary balance sheets," Staff Reports 651, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Klova, Valeriia & Odegaard, Bernt Arne, 2018. "Equity trading costs have fallen less than commonly thought. Evidence using alternative trading cost estimators," UiS Working Papers in Economics and Finance 2018/4, University of Stavanger, revised 2019.
- Pichler, Anton & Poledna, Sebastian & Thurner, Stefan, 2021.
"Systemic risk-efficient asset allocations: Minimization of systemic risk as a network optimization problem,"
Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
- Pichler, Anton & Poledna, Sebastian & Thurner, Stefan, 2018. "Systemic-risk-efficient asset allocation: Minimization of systemic risk as a network optimization problem," INET Oxford Working Papers 2018-11, Institute for New Economic Thinking at the Oxford Martin School, University of Oxford.
- Anton Pichler & Sebastian Poledna & Stefan Thurner, 2018. "Systemic-risk-efficient asset allocation: Minimization of systemic risk as a network optimization problem," Papers 1801.10515, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2018.
- Zhijian (James) Huang & Yuchen Luo, 2016. "Revisiting Structural Modeling of Credit Risk—Evidence from the Credit Default Swap (CDS) Market," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 9(2), pages 1-20, May.
- MIZUNO Takayuki & SOUMA Wataru & WATANABE Tsutomu, 2015. "Buyer-Supplier Networks and Aggregate Volatility," Discussion papers 15056, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Mr. Alexander Massara & Artak Harutyunyan & Richard Walton & Goran Amidžic & Giovanni Ugazio, 2015. "Shedding Light on Shadow Banking," IMF Working Papers 2015/001, International Monetary Fund.
- Christopher L. Culp & Yoshio Nozawa & Pietro Veronesi, 2014. "Option-Based Credit Spreads," NBER Working Papers 20776, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xuanjuan Chen & Jing-Zhi Huang & Zhenzhen Sun & Tong Yao & Tong Yu, 2020. "Liquidity Premium in the Eye of the Beholder: An Analysis of the Clientele Effect in the Corporate Bond Market," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 66(2), pages 932-957, February.
- Philosophov, Leonid V. & Philosophov, Vladimir L., 1999. "Optimization of corporate capital structure A probabilistic Bayesian approach," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 199-214, March.
- Goldstein, Itay & Jiang, Hao & Ng, David T., 2017. "Investor flows and fragility in corporate bond funds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(3), pages 592-613.
- Alessandro Dovis & Luigi Bocola, 2015. "Indeterminacy in Sovereign Debt Markets: An Empirical Investigation," 2015 Meeting Papers 694, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Lotfaliei, Babak, 2018. "Zero leverage and the value in waiting to have debt," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 335-349.
- Peter Spencer, 2013. "Modeling US bank CDS spreads during the Global Financial Crisis with a deferred filtration pricing model," Discussion Papers 13/18, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Cetina, Jill & Paddrik, Mark & Rajan, Sriram, 2018.
"Stressed to the core: Counterparty concentrations and systemic losses in CDS markets,"
Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 38-52.
- Jill Cetina & Mark Paddrik & Sriram Rajan, 2016. "Stressed to the Core: Counterparty Concentrations and Systemic Losses in CDS Markets," Working Papers 16-01, Office of Financial Research, US Department of the Treasury.
- Satyajit Chatterjee & Burcu Eyigungor, .
"The Firm Size-Leverage Relationship and Its Implications for Entry and Business Concentration,"
Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Satyajit Chatterjee & Burcu Eyigungor, 2022. "The Firm Size-Leverage Relationship and Its Implications for Entry and Business Concentration," Working Papers 22-07, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Olivier Le Courtois, 2022. "On the Diversification of Fixed Income Assets," Risks, MDPI, vol. 10(2), pages 1-21, February.
- Drobetz, Wolfgang & Pensa, Pascal & Wöhle, Claudia B., 2004. "Kapitalstrukturtheorie in Theorie und Praxis: Ergebnisse einer Fragebogenuntersuchung," Working papers 2004/09, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
More about this item
Keywordsshadow banking; intermediation; systemic risk;
All these keywords.
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EEC-2017-03-26 (European Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:srk:srkops:201610. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/esrbede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Official Publications (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/esrbede.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.