Rainfall, Internal Migration and Local labor Markets in Brazil
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rocha, Rudi & Soares, Rodrigo R., 2015.
"Water scarcity and birth outcomes in the Brazilian semiarid,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 72-91.
- Rudi Rocha & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2012. "Water Scarcity and Birth Outcomes in the Brazilian Semiarid," Textos para discussão 601, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Rocha, Rudi & Soares, Rodrigo R., 2012. "Water Scarcity and Birth Outcomes in the Brazilian Semiarid," IZA Discussion Papers 6773, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Skoufias, Emmanuel & Vinha, Katja & Conroy, Hector V., 2011. "The impacts of climate variability on welfare in rural Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5555, The World Bank.
- Rita Almeida & Pedro Carneiro, 2012.
"Enforcement of Labor Regulation and Informality,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 64-89, July.
- Almeida, Rita K. & Carneiro, Pedro, 2011. "Enforcement of Labor Regulation and Informality," IZA Discussion Papers 5902, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Rita Almeida & Pedro Carneiro, 2011. "Enforcement of labor regulation and informality," CeMMAP working papers CWP29/11, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Leah Platt Boustan & Price V. Fishback & Shawn Kantor, 2010.
"The Effect of Internal Migration on Local Labor Markets:American Cities during the Great Depression,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(4), pages 719-746, October.
- Leah Platt Boustan & Price V. Fishback & Shawn E. Kantor, 2007. "The Effect of Internal Migration on Local Labor Markets: American Cities During the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 13276, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1997.
"Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 557-586, May.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1994. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," NBER Technical Working Papers 0151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaivan Munshi, 2003. "Networks in the Modern Economy: Mexican Migrants in the U. S. Labor Market," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(2), pages 549-599.
More about this item
KeywordsMigration; labor supply; wage effects; rainfall;
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2019-01-14 (Development)
- NEP-LMA-2019-01-14 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-MIG-2019-01-14 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-URE-2019-01-14 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spa:wpaper:2018wpecon24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Pedro Garcia Duarte). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuspbr.html .