Is Swiss Telecommunications a Natural Monopoly? An Evaluation of Empirical Evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baumol, William J, 1977. "On the Proper Cost Tests for Natural Monopoly in a Multiproduct Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(5), pages 809-822, December.
- Blackman, Colin R, 1995. "Universal service: obligation or opportunity?," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 171-176, April.
- James Bond, 1997. "Telecommunications is Dead, Long Live Networking : The Effect of the Information Revolution on the Telecom Industry," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11577, The World Bank.
- Bühler, Stefan, 1998. "Regulatory reform of telecommunications in Switzerland," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(8), pages 671-680, September.
- Braeutigam, Ronald R, 1979. "Optimal Pricing with Intermodal Competition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 38-49, March.
- Berg, Sanford V & Tschirhart, John, 1995. "A Market Test for Natural Monopoly in Local Exchange," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 103-124, September.
- Baumol, William J & Braunstein, Yale M, 1977. "Empirical Study of Scale Economies and Production Complementarity: The Case of Journal Publication," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 1037-1048, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johan Willner, 2008. "Liberalisation, competition and ownership in the presence of vertical relations," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 35(5), pages 449-464, December.
More about this item
Keywordstelecommunications; natural monopoly; time series;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:soz:wpaper:0001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marita Kieser). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seizhch.html .