Social inclusion in an alternative food network: values, practices and tensions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Henk Renting & Terry K Marsden & Jo Banks, 2003. "Understanding Alternative Food Networks: Exploring the Role of Short Food Supply Chains in Rural Development," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 35(3), pages 393-411, March.
- Yuna Chiffoleau & Sarah Millet-Amrani & Arielle Canard, 2016. "From Short Food Supply Chains to Sustainable Agriculture in Urban Food Systems: Food Democracy as a Vector of Transition," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(4), pages 1-18, October.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:79:y:2018:i:c:p:300-308 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patricia Allen, 1999. "Reweaving the food security safety net: Mediating entitlement and entrepreneurship," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 16(2), pages 117-129, June.
- Henk Renting & Terry K Marsden & Jo Banks, 2003. "Understanding alternative food networks: exploring the role of short food supply chains in rural development," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 35(3), pages 393-411, March.
- Aubry, Christine & Kebir, Leïla, 2013. "Shortening food supply chains: A means for maintaining agriculture close to urban areas? The case of the French metropolitan area of Paris," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 85-93.
- Salais, Robert & Storper, Michael, 1992. "The Four 'Worlds' of Contemporary Industry," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 169-193, June.
- Trebbin, Anika, 2014. "Linking small farmers to modern retail through producer organizations – Experiences with producer companies in India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 35-44.
- Nicole Darmon & Adam Drewnowski, 2015. "Contribution of food prices and diet cost to socioeconomic disparities in diet quality and health: a systematic review and analysis," Post-Print hal-01774670, HAL.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:140:y:2017:i:c:p:123-135 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sarah Whatmore & Pierre Stassart & Henk Renting, 2003. "What's alternative about alternative food networks?," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 35(3), pages 389-391, March.
- Sini Forssell & Leena Lankoski, 2015. "The sustainability promise of alternative food networks: an examination through “alternative” characteristics," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 32(1), pages 63-75, March.
More about this item
KeywordsAlternative food network; Participatory action research; Consumer food cooperative; Social inclusion; Accessibility; Food democracy;
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - General
- O35 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Social Innovation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2019-01-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-CDM-2019-01-14 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-HME-2019-01-14 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sol:wpaper:2013/280933. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.