Social inclusion in an alternative food network: values, practices and tensions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Henk Renting & Terry K Marsden & Jo Banks, 2003. "Understanding Alternative Food Networks: Exploring the Role of Short Food Supply Chains in Rural Development," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 35(3), pages 393-411, March.
- Yuna Chiffoleau & Sarah Millet-Amrani & Arielle Canard, 2016. "From Short Food Supply Chains to Sustainable Agriculture in Urban Food Systems: Food Democracy as a Vector of Transition," Agriculture, MDPI, vol. 6(4), pages 1-18, October.
- Ver Ploeg, Michele & Wilde, Parke E., 2018. "How do food retail choices vary within and between food retail environments?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 300-308.
- Patricia Allen, 1999. "Reweaving the food security safety net: Mediating entitlement and entrepreneurship," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 16(2), pages 117-129, June.
- Aubry, Christine & Kebir, Leïla, 2013. "Shortening food supply chains: A means for maintaining agriculture close to urban areas? The case of the French metropolitan area of Paris," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 85-93.
- Salais, Robert & Storper, Michael, 1992. "The Four 'Worlds' of Contemporary Industry," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 169-193, June.
- Trebbin, Anika, 2014. "Linking small farmers to modern retail through producer organizations – Experiences with producer companies in India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 35-44.
- Nicole Darmon & Adam Drewnowski, 2015. "Contribution of food prices and diet cost to socioeconomic disparities in diet quality and health: a systematic review and analysis," Post-Print hal-01774670, HAL.
- Dedeurwaerdere, Tom & De Schutter, Olivier & Hudon, Marek & Mathijs, Erik & Annaert, Bernd & Avermaete, Tessa & Bleeckx, Thomas & de Callataÿ, Charlotte & De Snijder, Pepijn & Fernández-Wulff, Paula &, 2017. "The Governance Features of Social Enterprise and Social Network Activities of Collective Food Buying Groups," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 123-135.
- Sini Forssell & Leena Lankoski, 2015. "The sustainability promise of alternative food networks: an examination through “alternative” characteristics," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 32(1), pages 63-75, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Alison Blay-Palmer & Guido Santini & Marielle Dubbeling & Henk Renting & Makiko Taguchi & Thierry Giordano, 2018. "Validating the City Region Food System Approach: Enacting Inclusive, Transformational City Region Food Systems," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(5), pages 1-23, May.
- Kamble, Sachin S. & Gunasekaran, Angappa & Gawankar, Shradha A., 2020. "Achieving sustainable performance in a data-driven agriculture supply chain: A review for research and applications," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 219(C), pages 179-194.
- Bianca Polenzani & Chiara Riganelli & Andrea Marchini, 2020. "Sustainability Perception of Local Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Consumers’ Attitude: A New Italian Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(3), pages 1-18, January.
- Agata Malak-Rawlikowska & Edward Majewski & Adam Wąs & Svein Ole Borgen & Peter Csillag & Michele Donati & Richard Freeman & Viet Hoàng & Jean-Loup Lecoeur & Maria Cecilia Mancini & An Nguyen & Monia , 2019. "Measuring the Economic, Environmental, and Social Sustainability of Short Food Supply Chains," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(15), pages 1-23, July.
- Katrin Martens & Sebastian Rogga & Jana Zscheischler & Bernd Pölling & Andreas Obersteg & Annette Piorr, 2022. "Classifying New Hybrid Cooperation Models for Short Food-Supply Chains—Providing a Concept for Assessing Sustainability Transformation in the Urban-Rural Nexus," Land, MDPI, vol. 11(4), pages 1-24, April.
- François Lohest & Tom Bauler & Solène Sureau & Joris Van Mol & Wouter M. J. Achten, 2019. "Linking Food Democracy and Sustainability on the Ground: Learnings from the Study of Three Alternative Food Networks in Brussels," Politics and Governance, Cogitatio Press, vol. 7(4), pages 21-31.
- Mastronardi, Luigi & Giaccio, Vincenzo & Marino, Davide & Romagnoli, Luca & Mazzocchi, Giampiero & Palmieri, Margherita, 2018. "Analysing consumer motivations and their behaviour in the Alternative Food Networks in Italy," 2018 Seventh AIEAA Conference, June 14-15, Conegliano, Italy 275645, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Hamid El Bilali, 2019. "Research on agro-food sustainability transitions: where are food security and nutrition?," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 11(3), pages 559-577, June.
- Virginie Baritaux & Carole Chazoule, 2018. "Légitimité et positionnement des marchés de gros dans les dynamiques de relocalisation de l’alimentation : les cas du marché de Lyon Corbas et du MIN de Grenoble," Post-Print hal-03122984, HAL.
- Sara Fabbrizzi & Silvio Menghini & Nicola Marinelli, 2014. "The Short Food Supply Chain: A Concrete Example of Sustainability. A Literature Review," RIVISTA DI STUDI SULLA SOSTENIBILITA', FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(2), pages 189-206.
- Sini Forssell & Leena Lankoski, 2017. "Navigating the tensions and agreements in alternative food and sustainability: a convention theoretical perspective on alternative food retail," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 34(3), pages 513-527, September.
- Maria Cecilia Mancini & Davide Menozzi & Michele Donati & Beatrice Biasini & Mario Veneziani & Filippo Arfini, 2019. "Producers’ and Consumers’ Perception of the Sustainability of Short Food Supply Chains: The Case of Parmigiano Reggiano PDO," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(3), pages 1-23, January.
- Alexandra Doernberg & Ingo Zasada & Katarzyna Bruszewska & Björn Skoczowski & Annette Piorr, 2016. "Potentials and Limitations of Regional Organic Food Supply: A Qualitative Analysis of Two Food Chain Types in the Berlin Metropolitan Region," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 8(11), pages 1-20, November.
- Alexandre Dubois, 2019. "Translocal practices and proximities in short quality food chains at the periphery: the case of North Swedish farmers," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 36(4), pages 763-778, December.
- Argyropoulou Maria & Argyropoulou Rachel & Folinas Dimitris & Misopoulos Fotios & Najacaj Suela, 2019. "Procurement in Short Supply Chains: Lessons Learned from the Tourism Industry," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), International Hellenic University (IHU), Kavala Campus, Greece (formerly Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology - EMaTTech), vol. 12(2), pages 72-80, December.
- Marta Castrica & Vera Ventura & Sara Panseri & Giovanni Ferrazzi & Doriana Tedesco & Claudia Maria Balzaretti, 2020. "The Sustainability of Urban Food Systems: The Case of Mozzarella Production in the City of Milan," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(2), pages 1-13, January.
- Plateau, Lou & Roudart, Laurence & Hudon, Marek & Maréchal, Kevin, 2021. "Opening the organisational black box to grasp the difficulties of agroecological transition. An empirical analysis of tensions in agroecological production cooperatives," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 185(C).
- Gaetano Martino & Giulia Giacchè & Enrica Rossetti, 2016. "Organizing the Co-Production of Health and Environmental Values in Food Production: The Constitutional Processes in the Relationships between Italian Solidarity Purchasing Groups and Farmers," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 8(4), pages 1-22, March.
- Rosalia Stella Evola & Giovanni Peira & Erica Varese & Alessandro Bonadonna & Enrica Vesce, 2022. "Short Food Supply Chains in Europe: Scientific Research Directions," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(6), pages 1-20, March.
- Eduardo Malagon-Zaldua & Mirene Begiristain-Zubillaga & Aintzira Onederra-Aramendi, 2018. "Measuring the Economic Impact of Farmers’ Markets on Local Economies in the Basque Country," Agriculture, MDPI, vol. 8(1), pages 1-14, January.
More about this item
KeywordsAlternative food network; Participatory action research; Consumer food cooperative; Social inclusion; Accessibility; Food democracy;
All these keywords.
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - General
- O35 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Social Innovation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2019-01-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-CDM-2019-01-14 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-HME-2019-01-14 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sol:wpaper:2013/280933. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Benoit Pauwels (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.